Looking for new Mobos! QUICK!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payne99

Baseband Member
My first rig (stated in my sig) has recently had some errors, the PCI slots for my Mobo's (gigabyte ds3) on it are fried/dead,KIA!!!! and I've seen to have lost my invoice.. (found all other parts but missed this one..) So their goes my 3 warranty. They just up and died on me as I turned my computer on the next morning (tested all other parts and they work fine thankfully).
So I'm on the hunt for a new more durable gaming Motherboard! and any suggestions will be helpful. I'm looking to SLI it sometime soon in the future, It will be running the same gear as stated in my Sig as well. My 2nd rig has an EVGA Nforce 680I SLI and works great.

"It was a gift, I have no receipt!" You'd be surprised how often that works, give them a call and plead your case.

Any chance you paid by credit card? If so and you can remember where you bought it then you can go back and get a receipt re-printed.

hehe never thought NCIX would fall for stuff like that :p worth a try though, as for keeping documented receipts, I believe they should or would have to till the warranty expires, I do have the CCard I paid with and I know the location it was baught at (all paid for over the net w/ Ccard @ NCIX.ca) Canadian :X ty for the reply though, Ill try.

I'm selling an evga 750i FTW motherboard if you are planning on going sli. It is 16x/16x pci-e.

yea, their not any help btw, veedubfreak how would you like to go about selling me that mobos(and it would work fine for my setup?) I've never bought anything off of this site, though I used to use ebay alot and still have a verified paypal account, if interested message me here or add me at: mprince360@gmail.com.
If anyone else can recommend any other great boards I could use possibly? if not I will be looking for one off of NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection. (great deals for Canadians :p)
-edit: Btw, I do LAN (we have 3computers in the house) mainly play mmo/rts/fps :p otherwise I use my computer for art design/paint. So... it's constantly running for periods at a time, though I do shut it off.

yea so I was never posted back on that reply for the evga, so I was thinking I'd just order the board from ncix, so does anyone think their will be any problems with this board + my current setup?
Cpu: e6600
video card:EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX / 768MB
Ram: (4x1gb)OCZ Gold XTC Pc2 6400
Hdd: seagate barracuda 320gb
psu: Thermaltake 750w
possibly move to a (+100$):

-Gigabyte EX58-UD4P ATX LGA1366 X58 DDR3 3PCI-E SATA2 Sound GLAN 3-WAY CrossFireX SLI Motherboard
(or any disagreements with this board?)

yea so I was never posted back on that reply for the evga, so I was thinking I'd just order the board from ncix, so does anyone think their will be any problems with this board + my current setup?
Cpu: e6600
video card:EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX / 768MB
Ram: (4x1gb)OCZ Gold XTC Pc2 6400
Hdd: seagate barracuda 320gb
psu: Thermaltake 750w
possibly move to a (+100$):

-Gigabyte EX58-UD4P ATX LGA1366 X58 DDR3 3PCI-E SATA2 Sound GLAN 3-WAY CrossFireX SLI Motherboard
(or any disagreements with this board?)

That motherboard is NOT compatible with your current setup. All X58 boards are for i7 chips only. Your e6600 uses the LGA775 socket for the cpu, the X58s use the LGA1366 socket - so they cant go together.

For a board that will be compatible with your current rig i would suggest you look for something like this:

Newegg.com - Open Box: BIOSTAR TPower I45 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

Or the evga 750i FTW already mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom