Warning System boot Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

elork

Solid State Member
Having Trouble with my newly built PC...it boots up great, runs great, havent had any issues with it till now. When i am Running a game(could happen when im not too not sure)...and i leave my computer for a length of time, the comp locks up and makes a horrible sound via speakers. i have to manual shut down the PC, and then i try to reboot it up it doesn't always send feed to monitor. so have to shut it down again and start it up, and i get this error:

*Warning: System BOOT Fail*
Your system last boot fail or POST interrupted
Please enter setup to load default and reboot again.
F1 to continue
DEL to enter Setup

I have tryed to enter the bios and reset to default, it didnt help.

Memory: 4094MB RAM
CPU: eXtreme Power 500W [RP-500-PCAR] - ATX 12v v2.01
Processor: AMD Proceessor model unknown (4CPUs), ~2.8GHz ------> AMD Phenom II x4 processor 2.8ghz quad core 8.0 MB total cashe
Video Card:Radeon HD 4870 Approx memory:2809
Display mode: 1280 x 1024 (32bit) 75Hz
Motherboard: Asus M3N78 PRO Nvidia GeForce 8300

any help would be more than appriciated. Thanks in advance

also...I've been told it has nothing to do with it but ill post it anyway....in bios and device manager i get an AMD Processor Unknown Model.

Ehh processor would help... you listed the PSU as the CPU... But I have a feeling it is the PSU, never heard of them before...

I am still leaning on the PSU, what are your current temps of the GPU and CPU? Is there any way you can test the computer with another power supply?

123.jpg

This what ya need?

Try using HWMonitor from CPUID or another app, speedfan is a bit screwy... And if speedfan is right for once, your voltages are a bit off....

Your tempatures look good, but your 12v rail is a little low... The PSU could be causing the random lockups and issues starting up. Not sure what to recomend as that isnt really my strong point...

ok i think ill take your advice and prolly try out a diff power supply, i did a lil research on it and sounds like its a PoS anyway, lot of people had it quit on them after 6months, someone also said it should be listed as a 300W rather than 500W, and graphics card alone asks for 500W...thanks for you help and time Charles

When looking at powersupplys try to find out the amperage on the 12v rail, the more the better, because you can have a 500 watt PSU with high amps on the 5v rail, and none on the 12v rail, then see another 500 watt psu with a good ammount of amperage on all rails...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom