Constant SHUTDOWN after 30 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

JA031

Beta member
hopefully someone can help me figure this one out. (here's what I did to the fullest detail:

I just recently purchased a debranded HP pc. AMD 64 x2 4000 with 1gb ram. 250gb sata hd.

i started the computer up fine, no problems, began to install windows (since the hard drive was blank) during setup had to partition the drive from "unnallocated space" and format the drive (I used the NTFS QUICK method the windows installation offers) which I did and installed windows. This took about 5 minutes but then after the setup had installed everything I had to restart to the computer when prompted by the setup, so I allowed it to do it then the computer just shut down (turned off as if someone pulled the plug). I turned it back on and after the initial load up screen (where if you want to enter setup press F2 or whatever for the bios), the hard drive began to load then the computer shut down again. Ever since this the computer will not stay powered on any longer than 30 seconds. I noticed when I unplug the computer completely and then plug it back in and start it up, it usually stays on for a good minute or minute half then it turns off again. Then every time I turn it in on after that the time it stays on seems to get shorter and shorter (provided I choose another boot method such as CD or just enter the bios)

I did entered the bios to see if it would turn off there but the computer actually remained on, (i let it sit for a good 5 minutes).

So it seems like the computer only shuts down when it loads the hard drive or even starts to use it (that's what it seemed like to me at least)

Was it something I did? or is there something else in the making. I've researched myself for a while on google to see if I could come up with any plausible explanations, and I did but all I found was articles on overheating and such, and I know it cannot be overheating because I just bought it and it looks brand new both on the outside and inside.

Is it possible the hard drive could be causing the shut downs? I'm looking to see if I can figure this out myself before I send it back considering the warranty is good for 90 days.

Any help is appreciated, if you need anymore info about the computer please ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom