is this a good PC-rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santuzzo

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I could get this PC for a pretty good deal, but I have my doubts about the motherboard, it seems to be pretty cheap.
does anybody of you know this motherboard MSI P6NGM-L? would it be any good?

Anyway, this is the specs of the complete rig:

Cooler Master CM590 case & Cooler Master 460W power supply
Processor: Intel Core2Quad Q6700 - Quad Core - 4 x 2.66GHz - 8MB
RAM 4GB DDR2 (2 x 2GB)

hard drive: 1000GB / 1TB - SATA300 - 7200rpm - 32MB - Samsung

optical drive : DVD RW Dual Layer

motherboard : MSI P6NGM-L

Graphics controller XFX GeForce 9800GT - 512MB

card-reader Multi 16-in-1

I would use this PC for music home recording (would add an external audio interface, 2nd hard drive, a firewire port and maybe also a 2nd CD/DVD-writer) and occasional gaming.

I would appreciate your opinions on this very much!

Thanks in advance,
Lars

That setup would do just fine and playing games should run smoothed as well. I would suggest a higher wattage PSU just to stay safe and not have any interruptions.

You don't want a G31 chipset for a quad core. G31's are good if you're on a really low budget, but maybe you are. Since you are getting a Q6700 you shoud get a quality chipset for a mobo like a P45/P43.

You don't want a G31 chipset for a quad core. G31's are good if you're on a really low budget, but maybe you are. Since you are getting a Q6700 you shoud get a quality chipset for a mobo like a P45/P43.

Thanks!

How about the motherboard that was initially in the set up: MSI P6NGM-L ?
Would that be good in your opinion?

I just recommended the Gigabyte because the other previous Mobo had bad reviews, plus its not like your going to be overclocking or do hardcore gaming so the gigabyte should do just fine.

I just recommended the Gigabyte because the other previous Mobo had bad reviews, plus its not like your going to be overclocking or do hardcore gaming so the gigabyte should do just fine.

Cool ! Thanks !

I'm not sure about what PC rig to get at this point, stinn undecided whether to get a core2quad or an i7 CPU ... I keep changing my mind....decisions, decisions....sometimes give me a headache....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom