Not open for further replies.
Core i7 920
HD 4870 or GTX 285 or GTX 295 if you want to go one step further
Biostar Tpower x58
any DDR3 Triple Channel Kit
Xigmatek Black Edition core i7 cooler
Tuniq TX-2
Case/ DVD-RW/ Monitor of your choice
Corsair 650TX (750 TX if you want to get a GTX 295)
640GB SATA Drive

hey again, im thinking its probably a no go for the building. I want to try a computer from this sight first, just to see if i like it. They have a good warranty so if i feel like im not getting everything out of the computer i can than i can just return it as long as its within 30 days. + i get a year of free replacement parts if they break. So i might get one just to try it, and if im not satisfied i will try and build one. But i did take some of your suggestions into consideration. Hows this sound:
# CAS: Hot !!! Apevia X-Telstar Junior 420W Case w/ Temp Display and Fan Control (G Type Black Color with Side-Window)
# CASUPGRADE: NONE
# CS_FAN: Extra Case Cooling Fan [+3] (3 x Fans [+6])
# CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-920 2.66 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366 [-294]
# CD: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
# CD2: 16X DVD ROM (BLACK COLOR)
# CABLE: None
# FLASHMEDIA: None
# FAN: Thermaltake V1 Gaming CPU Cooling Fan (Excellent Overclocking + Silent Proof + Smart CPU & System Thermal Monitor) [+49]
# FREEBIE_RM: None
# FLOPPY: NONE
# FREEBIE_OS: None
# HDD: Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
# HDD2: 250GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive -- Recommended [+44]
# IEEE_CARD: IEEE 1394 CARD AND DRIVER [+19]
# KEYBOARD: Logitech Deluxe 250 USB Keyboard (Black Color)
# MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
# MODEM: NONE
# MONITOR: 19" TFT Active Matrix LCD Display [+138] (Brand-Named LCD Display)
# MONITOR2: NONE
# MOTHERBOARD: MSI X58 Platinum Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA,Dual GbLAN,USB2.0,IEEE1394a,&7.1Audio
# MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module [+29] (Corsair or Major Brand)
# NETWORK: Intel Pro Gigabite 10/100/1000 Network Card [+34]
# OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 3 [+15]
# PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU [+19]
# PRINTER: None
# PRINTER_CABLE: None
# POWERSUPPLY: 680 Watts Power Supplies (Hush Power Supply SLI/CrossFire Ready)
# RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
# SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
# SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
# SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers [+15]
# TEMP: NONE
# TVRC: None
# USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
# USBHD: NONE
# VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 4850 PCI-E 16X 512MB Video Card (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
# VIDEO2: ATI Radeon HD 4850 PCI-E 16X 512MB Video Card (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
# VIDEO3: NONE
# VIDEOCAMERA: NONE
# WNC: PCI Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Network Interface Card [+19]

I was also wondering if the I7 at 2.66 Ghz rather than the 3.0 ghz quad core i posted earlier. And Is the ATI Radeon going to work as well as the gforce? cause i can get the Gforce 9800 512 mb for the same price.

The Radeon HD 4870 is better than the Geforce 9800GTX (and better than the 9800GTX+) check out our Graphics Card Rankingd

Honestly, if you are dead set to throw your money at the monkeys at Cyberpower, go ahead.

Building a computer is super simple. If you can turn a screwdriver you have all the motor skills you will need. The hardest part is figuring out how to put thermal paste on the CPU, and there are all kinds of videos to show you how. Like others have said, everything goes together in a specific place, and there are all kinds of guides to show you how.

That's not to mention to sheer satisfaction of knowing your built it with your own hands. plus you will have bragging rights about it. People are astounded to find out you built your own computer, as they think it is so hard and complex when it is rather simple to do. I can build a computer is half an hour barring my own clumsiness of dropping screws.

I feel I must add that you should check the warrenties on the components if you buy the separately. You have lifetime/double lifetime warrenties on some things, which is way better than the once year that you get for prebuilt.

Also building one will give you a much better understanding of everything that goes on in your system, so if something goes wrong down the road, you can probably pin point it and fix it for nothing or WAY less then taking it to someone. And I guarentee that if you put togerther the system Tenenbaum made (although I would save the cash and get a 4870x2) it will outlast the pc from the site by about 2 years. The graphics cards in those systems are over 6 months old and were never top of the line. With the system Tenenbaum made you have MANY top of the line components. Well worth your money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom