New gaming computer, any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imabballfreak35

Solid State Member
Hey guys i was thinking of building a new gaming computer what do you think about this:
# CAS: Hot !!! Apevia X-Telstar Junior 420W Case w/ Temp Display and Fan Control [-4] (G Type Black Color with Side-Window)
# CASUPGRADE: 12in COLD CATHODE NEON LIGHT [+10] (BLUE COLOR)
# CS_FAN: Extra Case Cooling Fan [+3] (3 x Fans [+6])
# CPU: (Quad-Core)Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3.0GHz 1333FSB 12MB L2 Cache 64-bit [+146]
# CD: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
# CD2: 16X DVD ROM (BLACK COLOR)
# CABLE: None
# FLASHMEDIA: None
# FAN: Asetek Liquid CPU Cooling System (Extreme Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
# FREEBIE_RM: None
# FLOPPY: NONE
# FREEBIE_OS: None
# HDD: Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
# HDD2: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive [+59]
# IEEE_CARD: NONE
# KEYBOARD: Logitech Deluxe 104 PS/2 Keyboard (Black Color)
# MOUSE: Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse (BLACK COLOR)
# MODEM: NONE
# MONITOR: 19" TFT Active Matrix LCD Display [+138] (Brand-Named LCD Display)
# MONITOR2: NONE
# MOTHERBOARD: EVGA 750 SLI NVIDIA 750i SLI Chipset LGA775 Supports LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2/800 Mainboard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio
# MEMORY: 8GB (4x2GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory [+79] (Mushkin High Performance II (HP2) w/ Heat Spreader [+59])
# NETWORK: Killer K1 10/100/1000 Gigabit High Speed Online Gaming PCI Network Interface Card [+150]
# OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 3 [+15]
# PRO_WIRING: Professional Wiring for All WIRINGs Inside The System Chasis with High Performance Thermal Compound on CPU [+19]
# PRINTER: None
# PRINTER_CABLE: None
# POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts Power Supplies [+15] (Xion SuperNova Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+16])
# RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
# SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
# SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
# SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers
# TEMP: NONE
# TVRC: None
# USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
# USBHD: NONE
# VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express [+75] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
# VIDEO2: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express [+75] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
# VIDEO3: NONE
# VIDEOCAMERA: NONE
# WNC: PCI Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Network Interface Card

Thanks all tips are appreciated :)

If this is a build how come you are paying for pro-wiring this is blatently a premade

Get the Q9550 or Q9450 instead and overclock
The antec 900 has better cooling and quality for a similar price but you may not like the styling?
Don't get a watercooling kit they are normally sub par. Sorry I am not to hot on my watercooling but I would get atleast a 120.3 high performance rad or 1x120.3 and 1x120.2 rad if you want it to be quiet performance.
You would be better of with a gtx285 then sli 9800gtx
I wouldn't trust that psu with $50 let alone all that money your planning to spend

DO NOT GET THE KILLER NETWORK CARD. Biggest waste of money I have seen people spend you are the end user of your internet connection it goes from the isp, to a district hub, to a neighbourhood hub, then to your home router, then to you. You will not speed up your connection in that final 10m gap by anything worthwhile even with a compatible router.

Whats your budget?

Sorry, i was in a hurry when i wrote that this morning, and wasn'tthinking when i said i was building it. i am not actually building the computer, i am getting it from cyberpowerpc.com. Anyway, my budget is about 1500, which is right about what this one costs

You could do way better with I7 it is really easy to build and will get you a lot better components for your money. If you really don't feel confident then contact your local pc guy to build it with the parts we tell you to order but we have 13yr olds coming through here asking to build its really that easy and impossible to break anything aslong as you don't rush it.

You could do way better with I7 it is really easy to build and will get you a lot better components for your money. If you really don't feel confident then contact your local pc guy to build it with the parts we tell you to order but we have 13yr olds coming through here asking to build its really that easy and impossible to break anything aslong as you don't rush it.
Or smash it with a hammer
Or run it over with a car
Or step on it

You get the idea ; )

But yeah, don't order from cyberpower, build it on your own, its a much better experience, and you'll get a lot more performance, let me know if this is what you want to do, and I'll post you a better build then the one above.

i will consider building one, if you could post better specs for it that would great. And if you could explain the building process, like do i have to wire it, or if i get a case will it come wired and i just have to insert the parts? how exactly does that go. Thanks

Oh wow, thats way easier than i thought. Are certain parts only compatible with other parts? or can i mix and match as i please

i will consider building one, if you could post better specs for it that would great. And if you could explain the building process, like do i have to wire it, or if i get a case will it come wired and i just have to insert the parts? how exactly does that go. Thanks

Its like Legos in a way, parts will only fit in the spaces provided, and wires the same.
We can guide you through this process.

Also, I suggest you head to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. or Google and look about on how people build computers.

Let me know if you have any questions.

(Its very simple, I've seen a 9 year old do it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom