Question about a prebuilt gaming rig from ecollegePC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I have a 'www' friend that wants to buy a gaming rig. He asked about this site, eCollegePC

I have never heard of them. He asked me to look over it. He has a $1000 budget but I have not clarified if this includes a monitor or not. I offered to build it for him but waiting his response on that. In the mean time I wanted to ask about the build that is on the home page for $759 with the q6600.

I'm not savvy on the ASUS P5Q mb and the 9800 gpu. How is this mobo? He wants to play Crysis and WoW. I know he can't go max on Crysis but lower settings would be fine? Again I am not savvy on the 9800 card so if someone could chim in that would be great!

Thanks

eCollegePC sells alot on eBay. They do all the cheapest mobos, then try to cram in decent CPU's, lots of budget DDR2 800 RAM, and a lot of hard drive space, but generally lack good PSU's, GPU's, or high quality parts.

That mobo is alright, but I guarantee they are using the cheapest ram possible, and hitachi (cheap) hard drives, and it does NOT include an OS. The PSU and GPU are decent as well. Oh and they do all their "warranties" by themselves, and usually require you to pay for return shipping. Tech support is only by email via their 3 person company as well.

Also, why does the Asus P5Q mobo link take me to Gigabyte's site?

Thanks. I could not find that mobo on newegg so I have no idea what it cost. I'm guessing $70???

I noticed the gpu wasn't all that great after looking at it. Seems I could build one a little better for the same price.

Yep, and if he needs an OS it would be cheaper for you to build. They will charge like $140ish for Vista Home Premium.

I have tried competing with sellers on eBay, but everyone sells people the cheap stuff with a few high points and makes it cheap as possible, so I don't even try eBay anymore.

ok thanks. How is that gpu for a game like Crysis? What setting could you run at say 20-25 fps?

Well he could maybe get High Settings on 1280x800 with 30fps. Although for a game like Crysis you really want a minimum of an HD 4830 or 4850 (or 9800GTX+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom