Before I buy this TV could someone give me a bit of advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

westy159

In Runtime
Well this TV looks too good to be true.
Asus VH226H 22" Widescreen True HD LCD Monitor

Full 1080P HD and at £157? Ive got a few simple Q's to clear though, firstly, this is a TV right? As in is there a difference between a PC monitor and a TV? And if there is a difference will that mean anything?

Secondly I would like to set up my PS3 and my PC to this monitor. Will that be possible? It only has 1 HDMI port which i would use for the PS3.

Thirdly i just bought some speakers for my PC which plug in through 3.5mm jacks. Will i be able to use them?

Thankyou in advance.

That's a monitor...says "monitor" in the name. Difference between a monitor and a TV: TV's have tuners in them. Monitors do not.

Ah, yeah, that makes sense.

So, would i not be able to watch TV on this at all? Or can you plug in a freeview box/ Sky digital etc.

If you have a TV tuner, or it has switchable inputs (eg like what TV can do; have "input select" type of a deal where you can switch from one input [ps3 or w/e] back to your PC). Otherwise it'll be one device at a time. That website doesn't give much details on it. As for watching TV on it...like I said before, you can probably watch tv on it (HDMI input), but not sure if you can switch on the fly or not. You can also get a TV tuner for your PC, but good ones are $100+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom