Raid 0 Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Difolo

In Runtime
Hey all I was in the process of booting up my new rig for the first time last night and seem to be having some trouble with my Raid 0 configuration. I am using an Evga x58 mobo which has 2 raid controllers. I've tried using both of them, setting up a 55gb raid0 partition for my OS, and then the rest in another partition for the files, but when I install Windows Vista I get a blue screen somewhere in the installiation process (last time it happened when I directed it to a file containing the raid controller drivers). Does anyone have any suggestions? I am new to using RAID configurations so anything would help, thanks!

I've checked for updated drivers and tried them. It seems to install them and all but then when I click on the partition to install windows it just says Windows cannot find a partition with the requirements it needs.

Partitions on RAID arrays are very tricky and to be honest not recommended. Instead of partitioning, I would suggest getting another drive for any sort of storage and running the OS solely on the array. Try that and you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom