Constant rebooting, can u help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

badvibe

Solid State Member
Hi folks, new to the board. This is my first build and I'm having an issue. I have a ASUS P5Q SE/R MOBO, INTEL P4, RADEON DDR RAM, WESTGATE 300GB DRIVE. RUNNING WINDOWS XP. It' s just a basic set up. System was running fine for a few days but now it boots up to windows load screen for a couple of seconds and then reboots itself. I have to shut PC down to stop it. I tried removing all devices but nothing works. I can;t get it to log into windows. Not sure if it's hardware or software related. Any advise on what to try next??? Thanks.

Boot the computer into safe mode and see what it does? Have you done anything in bios lately? When u turn on the computer does it beep at all?

I have tried booting in safe mode, normal mode and best last config I get the same result. PC does beep 1 time on boot up and cpu fan runns fast for a few seconds. I am seeing MOBO boot up screens. The only thing I did in bois was restore defaults, but that was after i tried everything else. Went back through bois configs after I did that and it changed nothing.

Well to me it sound's like XP system files may have gotten corrupted or there is a bad driver for either software or hardware that is causing the problem also.
Can you repair the XP installation using the XP CD ? try that first and if it "DOES" repair it you will have access to your main files again however you will have to make programs reinstall to their normal state before this problem began.

Thanks Mike XP that is what someone suggested i do. I kinda thought that myself. I'm kinda new to the pc building thing. It's cool but can be challenging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom