Aliens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus...This kid seriously needs his ridalin.
Anyway, if you can't get your current machine working, what makes you think throwing $3000 at the problem is a great idea?

Ha Ha...*ahem* please excuse my psychotic rampage.lol:)
But, I'm not throwing $3000 at my problem, believe me, the last thing I want to do is spend more money...I'm flat broke right now.

I will stop my insults and criticisms (if I am doing so) and apologize.

Anyways,

NE wayz, i am in the process of building my computer and i am having some trouble but i will manage. The specs are
AMD 64 3000
512RAM
80 SATA HDD
Nvidia 6800

I'm not using AMD or nVidia (as you can see in my sig) so I'm not sure about 'em. It was either that CPU or the 3200 I was gonna get if I didn't get P4, soooo yea...I'd say its a good choice. The RAM...is it single or duel channel? The HD looks good. I'm guessing you know what ur missing.
Can you provide links of those parts shown?

The ram is dual channel and i am crashing tonight ill post them in the morning but i got the problem figured out. My dad realized that i didnt have the power switch connected properly on mine maybe on its the same on urs.

If I were you, I wouldn't even bother with the $65/ month option, you'd just get screwed in the end. Try finding a family owned restraunt for a job, I worked as a bus-boy when I turned 14 at one for 2-years, made about $600 a month + tips, keep in mind I worked to midnight almost every night, but was able to keep straight "A's." Bought myself a car after 3 months. Now I'm working at Sonic, can't seem to stay away from food, but I think a restraunt would be a good place for you. As for an alienware, they're pretty overpriced based on looks. You could probably build a computer just as good for almost half the price of one.

I work at a Mcdonalds, and I am currently earning money for my new PC
I am trying to squeeze the life out of the money I plan to spend to get computer which can perform much better than a much more expensive one
I am top of a lot of my classes too, and I don't ask much from my parents; I try to earn my money
I plan to spend $3000 (that's aussie dollars, not US) which I am earning myself, on an Athlon 64 3800+ (for much less than you'd normally find them) and a 6800 GT, softmodded to an Ultra (hey, the GT is half the price)

I like the Ebay idea buy low sell high :) .Im probably older than most posting here .I like the resourcefullness you guys have .Budgeting ,saving working that extra job to get what you want or do what you want .Because your going to need it when you get older .Theres nothing more rewarding than setting a goal and working hard to achieve it .To often i see the younger generation cheat themselves out of life by other means.
There`s nothing more important than your Education right now.
I can tell you from experience Knowledge is Power.Think about all the things you could do with unlimited Knowledge.Or better yet things that you could discover or invent.You as an individual are worth your weight in gold.People will pay you to be there friend :)
Picture yourself able to go work anywhere because your very skilled at not just 1 thing but many.If you chose to do so you could build your own house from the ground up because you have the knowledge to do so.Just a few to mention but you get the idea.Theres nothing wrong with having that high end system at such a young age just dont let it rob you out of life.
Consentrate on being all you can be and grow in Knowledge and Power :)

Okay, i think that you are trying to connect the power switch wrong. The power switch is the problem from what i can uunderstand. Hope that helps kame. Nice words of wisdom cappy.

Southern Puppy!
Do they still put the waiters on roller skates at the Sonic?
As for an alienware, they're pretty overpriced based on looks
When you buy Alienware, yer buying from one of the best PC manufacturers on the planet! Sure, you could get a mercades benz for cheaper if you built it yerself, though, but that's not the point with Alienware.

And let me tell ya somethin'...When yer business switches to Alienware and you get that full array of X2 workstations and some sweet Alienware servers...you know you've arrived...

:eek: :cool:

Hmmmmm......just a question out of the blue. How much money do you think one could make working for one of these computer part manufacturers i.e intel, AMD, D-Link, Asus, ATI, nVidia...etc. I plan on going into the computer field when I get older. Right now I'm taking computer science 1 (Java), next year the second part and computer maintenance 1 (comp building), then in '06-'07, I'll take the second part and networking. Just wondering...

Todays world is so automated that you may find some stiff competition in those fields.But Computer science 1 (Java),computer maintenance 1 (comp building), getting those under your belt is a good thing.The younger you start the more you can learn.I think writing code/Programing/Will be in higher demand down the road .Lets face it writing the programs for Robotics to build boards properly , or perform a task is where its at :) .Look at what made Bill Gates what he is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom