Headphone socket/jack broken/loose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clemeh

Beta member
I have this Compaq Presario A900, i bought it just under a year ago. Approx March/April last year.

Recently the headphone socket/jack whatever you call it has been playing up.
It has always done it but not caused as much problems as it does now.

It used to just make a fuzzy noise if I moved the headphones around in the socket (like twirled it). Now, if I do it or even touch the headphone a bit it immediately turns to speakers and its like as if the headphones were disconnected.

Does anyone have any clue how I could like reattach it more or tighten it or something? It's annoying me since I don't have money to get it repaired and I love music.

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong place or if I've typed it wrong. I'm new.

I'd say its probably broke inside the laptop. If its still under a year, that should be under warranty. Send it in to HP for repair.

I kinda lost all the paperwork. I'll try find it and then send it off. n_n Thanks!!

If your warranty is up though, you might want to brush up on your soldering skills. Otherwise your going to pay at LEAST $100 to have it fixed somewhere. Fortunately the headphone jack is more easily accessible then the power jack in a laptop so it is possible for a DIY.

I kinda lost all the paperwork. I'll try find it and then send it off. n_n Thanks!!
All you really need is the receipt for a proof of purchase (basically sayign that yes you bought it within the year warranty period).
If your warranty is up though, you might want to brush up on your soldering skills. Otherwise your going to pay at LEAST $100 to have it fixed somewhere. Fortunately the headphone jack is more easily accessible then the power jack in a laptop so it is possible for a DIY.

He said its just under a year, so it should still be under warranty (HP/Compaq, as most other manufacturers, have a standard 1 year warranty). I know they've also done it a month or so after the warranty has ran out if you explain your situation/are courteous.

All you really need is the receipt for a proof of purchase (basically sayign that yes you bought it within the year warranty period).

He said its just under a year, so it should still be under warranty (HP/Compaq, as most other manufacturers, have a standard 1 year warranty). I know they've also done it a month or so after the warranty has ran out if you explain your situation/are courteous.

Yeah, I saw that. Sometimes people procrastinate though. I'm just sayin'. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom