HD Video, Multimedia, Gaming PC..Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done as above read the second part which is the main high performance pc. As it is both those builds are at 1800 - $50 rebate so you could spend 900 on the monitor if you wanted also please answer my questions

sorry...

"What size monitor do you want?"
23" widescreen

"graphics choice?"
- sorry, not sure what you mean?

Graphics...I understand after I read your post again.

I think I will go the two video card option...

Ok well 24" would be better get you the full performance out of the gtx285's in sli and its a bit higher res then a hd tv so you will be impressed by the beauty of it all, If your sure I can't tempt you with a 30" with twice the res of a tv or would that not get the WAF (wife approval factor) :). This is an extremely good monitor;

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 2443BW Black 24" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 20000:1(1000:1) - LCD Monitors

Have you chosen a case or case style yet? Look through these two lists and tell me which ones you like say a top 5. Don't worry about prices just want to get a feel to what style you like then hopefully we can find a medium between price performance and looks.

Workhourse pc
KustomPCs - HTPC, Gaming, CarPC, Cooling and Modding Products in the UK !

Mini-itx

Get this psu for your main gaming pc
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Once you choose on case can pretty much wrap it up. For an external get this
Newegg.com - ICY DOCK MB559 Series MB559US-1S Aluminum body w/ partial plastic 3.5" eSATA & USB 2.0 External Enclosure - External Enclosures & Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (bare drive) - Internal Hard Drives
And try and use esata whenever possible as its much faster then usb it supports both so you do have intercompatibility :)

saltynay, I have some feedback for you on your questions as well as some additional questions of my own...

please PM me and I will give you my email address so we can take the additional details offline vs. take up space here. you have been / are being a great help...

look forward to conversing further...

chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom