So im considering going on water for my GTX 295.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah im just getting ideas right now, i can do external mounting very easily so i could go that route instead should i need to.

it wont coveer the holes look at it. also rican i thin you can take them out with out cuttign anything looks like they unscrew out of the case....

What holes are you talking about?

The fans lock into the clips. In doing so the end of the clip extends below and around the edge of the fan housing.

If the fan is screwed the the radiator, the clip is unable to get around that edge and hold it in place.

Something that might perhaps work would be to unscrew the plastic clips and then find a way of directly attaching the fans to the case. Zip ties are always a good try...

I know what you mean aspire, i could actually use rubber washers to make enough clearance between the fan and the rad so that when i push the fan into the hole, the clip will be able to hold it.

Once i get some pics up more conclusions can be made.

hmmm maybe there would be just enough lip on the fan for them to attach?
if not...yep, zip ties are always a good place to start.

edit* ooh yeah rican that would work dude. see? all figured out.

I know what you mean aspire, i could actually use rubber washers to make enough clearance between the fan and the rad so that when i push the fan into the hole, the clip will be able to hold it.

Once i get some pics up more conclusions can be made.

Except at that point your giving the air an easy way out instead of being forced through the radiator it'll just go around it.

Path of least resistance and all that jazz...

the space in between would be very minimal, not very much sticks out (about 1/3 of a standard fan screw) and with the fans being 72cfm they should be able to pull plenty of heat away.

and here is a pic of the top in my case:
S5000304.jpg

Yeah im just getting ideas right now, i can do external mounting very easily so i could go that route instead should i need to.

I wouldn't do that. It's going to ruin the look of your case. I hate seeing rads sticking out the back of cases or even on top. You have a nice clean case and should be kept that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom