So im considering going on water for my GTX 295.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The top has a split in between both fans, so i need two separate 120mm rad's hooked up in series.

here is a pic which shows just how much space there is in the top. the 120mm fans fit flush in there.

tj09050.jpg

the solution is simple you sit the fans in the holes. then have the radiator under neath, so it goes rad, fans, vent. it should work that way the rad isnt mounted to the case. its mounted to fans mounted to the case.

the solution is simple you sit the fans in the holes. then have the radiator under neath, so it goes rad, fans, vent. it should work that way the rad isnt mounted to the case. its mounted to fans mounted to the case.

Which is what I said on the first page.

LOL, just amazing right there. might even add that to my sig, if it's all right with you ;)

Sure thing.

Finally someone gets it!!

Thats what ive been saying all along lol, it still has to be dual rad's because of the split (which isnt removeable) but yeah that is my plan.

Mount the rads to fans and pop the fans back into the holders.

yeah but 2x120 rad isn't very efficient as it would create flow restrictions and in cooling something as hot as a gtx295 then you want the best flow you can to dissipate the heat as fast as you can. My recommendation would be get 4 90 Degree barbs, mount them so you just have like an inch or so of tubing between the 2 rads and have the pump rediculously close to the rad's and all that and have a resevior as a tline will add to the restriction and then see hwo that would work.

Sure thing.

Thats what ive been saying all along lol, it still has to be dual rad's because of the split (which isnt removeable) but yeah that is my plan.

Ugh, no you don't get it.

Hang the 220 radiator from a single fan, the second fan probably won't line up great but air will still be flowing through it.

It should work, but like I said, I don't know your case that well, and it really wasn't intelligently designed to work well with internal water cooling.

Sure thing.

no you can mount a 220 rad. just mount the fans first.

no you can mount a 220 rad. just mount the fans first.

Looking close at the layout of how the fans attach to the case, he may or may not be able to even get the fan attached to the rad and then the case.

It looks like it uses clips to hold the fans, now if the fan is mounted to the radiator it loses the edge that locks the fan in place.

I would say figure out a way to mount a 220 up there, worst case you do a bit of cutting, nobody said water cooling is easy...

you should be able to mount the fans to a 220 radiator and then pop the fans into the case, with the rad hanging under the fans like poizen said. if the fans pop right into those holders i dont see why you would need 2 seperate radiators. the radiator will be on the bottom (towards mobo). the split will be the sapce between the fans. the radiator wont be that high in the case.
i bet thats going to be a ***** to fill. but i dunno natzing bout water cooling.

after reading aspire's post, i can see how that might be a problem. but i would certainly "assume" that silverstone would have taken that into consideration in such a nice case.

Hmm i guess that would be another way of doing it, mount the rad to a single fan, the rear since i have space towards the front of the case.

18.jpg

Looking close at the layout of how the fans attach to the case, he may or may not be able to even get the fan attached to the rad and then the case.

It looks like it uses clips to hold the fans, now if the fan is mounted to the radiator it loses the edge that locks the fan in place.

I would say figure out a way to mount a 220 up there, worst case you do a bit of cutting, nobody said water cooling is easy...

it wont coveer the holes look at it. also rican i thin you can take them out with out cuttign anything looks like they unscrew out of the case....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom