So im considering going on water for my GTX 295.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the quote says the fact that it may radiate heat better is negligible.

If you touch your heatsink fins and they are actually hot, you have a problem. The fact of the matter is, the heat that reaches any and all fins is dissipated nearly instantly.

The exception to this is when you saturate a heatsink or radiator.

Water cooling is a very specialized field and what might work well in one situation may not be the case here. Might aluminum be better for dissipating heat in certain environments, such as one where your cooling something at 200F, perhaps, but in such a relatively low temperature system copper does a much better job of moving heat from the chip to the cooling system.

Guys guys guys, can't we all get a long? lol. Anyway, i think both opinions have merit and they both have special circumstances where one or the other is better. Sorry i have to add this next bit, don't flame me for it. Since copper conducts heat much better then aluminum the heat from the cpu will be going threw the block and then being cooled down by the rushing water that is moving threw the block, thus keeping the block at a steady temperature. If aluminum does dissipate heat quicker as Belzybub says, i can not think of anything in my experience that contradicts this or supports it but i t does not matter in this case. A water cooling loop is not trying to get the block to keep getting colder, it is to keep it at a steady, and relatively low temperature. Thats just my 2 cent's. But seriously, you guys need to stop arguing about this, exchange your oppinions, stop throwing down the other persons opinion, throw up some article links to some stuff about which is better in this case and let that be the end of it.

I'm not arguing, and I'm trying to stay neutral by just stating the FACTS.

I refuse to have common misconceptions in regards to water cooling spread on this forum.

That's basically the only reason why I stick around here...

b%20lackup.jpg

There are only a handful of people who know jack about water cooling on these forums, I'd like to think of myself as one of them, along with a very small crowd. Everything I've learned has come from aspire, and he's dealt with water cooling in pc's more than anybody else here with the possible exception of a few members I'm unaware of, and knows more than anybody on here about it, again with the possible exception of a few members, so I think he is correct in his statements, and isn't arguing in a negative connotation, just simply saying the facts in a blunt, not gonna dance around the point kind of way...

I hope I know about watercooling since I'm using it. This isn't an extreme forum like XtremeSystems is though. Not every other member has a $6000 rig. You won't ever have everyone knowledgable about watercooling when most come here to learn the basics first.

I hope I know about watercooling since I'm using it. This isn't an extreme forum like XtremeSystems is though. Not every other member has a $6000 rig. You won't ever have everyone knowledgable about watercooling when most come here to learn the basics first.

I like to think that I know more than the average water cooler though, no offense intended at all.

I've been doing it for close to 5 years now, I post/troll regularly on several forums about it.

I know the owner of Petras personally on a first name basis, and I swing by every so often and just talk W/C with him.

So I think I'm a good resource when it comes to these things, heck, half the water coolers on the forum I know of, came to me for help when they were first getting started.

/steps down from podium

well I didn't know that, but I would assume then that you know some stuff about it, so you're a good resource to go to for wc'ing questions.

and also your correct, we don't have a lot of people who can just shoot out a wc'ing build on here and tell you the ins and outs of everything and all that, which is exactly what aspire does. He educates people who don't know the difference between a t-line and a reservoir.

Id like to think i no a little bit above the basics of water cooling, i have never used it (planned to a while ago, and still plan to in the future though, but that does not mean anything) and everything i know was from aspire. Just giving aspire a little credit.

300 bucks is alot if the only thing you want to cool is the GPU. Man you could search the net and find ALOT of goodies for alot less than that.

The rest of my rig cost $1700, not including the stuff i had already...i think $300 for higher end cooling isnt bad at all.

P.S. Your sig might be alittle on the big side. The other mods slapped me with -5 points for a sig alot smaller than yours.

Funny, guess you missed there part where it says im a mod.

I give infractions, i dont recieve them.

why not just have 2 120's going and run barbs and like 4 inches of tubing between the 2 rads? Also if there's a 120 rad with copper fins, a 72cfm fan should cool it off quite quickly, so one would be somewhat out of the question i'm guessing.

Yeah if i were to do this it would be dual 120mm's on the inside.

Ill take a pic wednesday morning after the backplate is installed with sunlight so you guys can get a better look at how my stuff is organized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom