New Mobo, not i7...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate all the feedback thus far...

Does anyone have any ideas how I can expect the 750i FTW would overclock a Q6600. Mine is from an early batch and right now I have it up to 3.6Ghz on my x38 board... Can I expect the same results?

Is your Q6600 G0? You probably won't get too much of a higher clock. Maybe around 3.8Ghz, and you'd have to really up the voltage.

Yeah it is GO stepping... I've had it up to 3.8 Ghz like you said with alot of voltage but it worked for benchmarks but not comfortable for 24/7 use...

I just wanted to make sure that my side ways upgrade doesn't decrease my cpu performance...

well with nvidia's mobo's you dont need to run the ram and cpu FSB as some silly ratio. you can run them unlinked. meaning cranking up the cpu FSB while keeping the ram at what ever speeds you want. i find it alot easier than overcloking my Q9300 on this gigabyte P45.

good choice on ram and mobo. i was very close to gettting that mobo. until i got DDR3 ram.

You can always step up to a 780i or 790i with the EVGA step up program, dont know if somebody all ready mentioned this or not. that's a nice thing about EVGA, and their boards have a black PCB.

You can always step up to a 780i or 790i with the EVGA step up program, dont know if somebody all ready mentioned this or not. that's a nice thing about EVGA, and their boards have a black PCB.

The step up program is one of the main reasons why I am going with EVGA... Their boards do look bad ***...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom