I require a case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
Hiya fellas!

Procrastination paid off this time. Got money coming back from Taxes, getting an i7 and beautiful motherboard, however, my case... is out of stock.

Suggestions for a case? I want it to have great airflow, but at the lowest cost possible. (would like to spend the extra to buy 6GB instead of 3GB AM)

Computer Stats:
ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz CPU

OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31000333AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache

Would like something to keep it all nice and super cool- not planning to OC anything though, so it doesn't have to be Uber 1337.

Will also have a 4870 GPU when I order it... after taxes.

Front intake would be good, or good side... had this one in mind.. but I don't know....

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

See the thing is with cases, is that we can't tell you what you'd like..

Its all about personal preference... didn't you have a back up or a back up of a back up?

this has nice airflow and you can hide whires behind the motherbord. that helps with more airflow. there is a lot of room in the case to upgrade. and this case is future proof.

Newegg.com - Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

+1 i love antec cases.

Newegg.com - RAIDMAX SMILODON Extreme Black ATX-612WEB 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case - Computer Cases

this one has some crazy good airflow
Newegg.com - XCLIO A380BK Fully Black SECC 1.0mm thickness ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

just throwing those out there, like vern said the case is all up to personal preference.

Well see Iam a prop artist, so adding some vents or re-painting or doing extreme things - case mods- (just like car mods- were you install big plastic pieces to make your wheels look wicked sick) that won't be hard, fiberglass molding, plastic forming and all that can be done if I find the case absolutely ugly as all get out. I just wanted something that is Full tower sized, good vent, and eventually I plan to go dual 4870s.

Sides if its still ugly, it'll go UNDER the desk, and not on top to show off :p

How wicked is this idea- snap-on plastic parts to make your case look like its a Transformer, or a car, or a fish tank, or whatever. Lol.

So really it comes down to base shape. and that Antec gave me a flirt I might not ignore...

Well see Iam a prop artist, so adding some vents or re-painting or doing extreme things - case mods- (just like car mods- were you install big plastic pieces to make your wheels look wicked sick) that won't be hard, fiberglass molding, plastic forming and all that can be done if I find the case absolutely ugly as all get out. I just wanted something that is Full tower sized, good vent, and eventually I plan to go dual 4870s.

Sides if its still ugly, it'll go UNDER the desk, and not on top to show off :p

How wicked is this idea- snap-on plastic parts to make your case look like its a Transformer, or a car, or a fish tank, or whatever. Lol.

So really it comes down to base shape. and that Antec gave me a flirt I might not ignore...

Lol, same here, I just picked up the 1200 for my folding rig, just couldn't resist, I start cutting and wire management next week...i think.

I won't mod til I get more money for it, it's probably the most expensive hobby today, "propping". The first thing I gotta finish with my propping is my Power Suit from Metroid :p That bloody suit has been in production for about 2 years now and I am sick of it being Un-finished. Sides, who wouldn't want a life sized Samus in their room protecting them from the boogy man while they slept?

Just remember, Samus is the destroyer of worlds.

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

or

Newegg.com - Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

cooler master only has 1 rear exhaust.. but has ability on side and top to have larger fans (there are mounting spots, not just grid work)
antec comes with free shipping... but I hate blue so would probably disable or replace all blue LED.. which would take probably $30 bucks to replace all the fans. Hmmmm

Which do you think is better?

According to reviews the Coolermaster cools as effectively- if not better- then the 1200, and at lower RPM (noise levels for that part) So I am really Leaning toward the CM...

Anyone know of some Electronics safe paint to spray the interior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom