This one or this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melioz

Baseband Member
I have the option of a used laptop with 3 year warranty versus a new laptop. i am a gamer on a budget and based on quality and performance this is hard to judge because i mainly owned high end desktops.

Copy and pasted from add :
Dell XPS M1730 like new!! Only three months old...

Computer Specs:
-Intel Core duo CPU T8300 @2.40Ghz
-3.18GB Ram
-NVDia GeForce 8700M GT
-250GB Hard Drive

Still has 3 year warranty, contact me for the Product ID#. Then go to ( System Information ) and check it out yourself.

Comes with bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard for free!!Also all the disks are here too.

Other option:NCIX.com - Buy Acer AS6935-6683 Core 2 Duo T6400 9600GT 4GB 500GB 16IN WXGA Blu Ray Vista Premium Notebook - LX.ATN0X.047 In Canada.

As far as the new laptop goes i don't need blue-ray, and what bugs me is the quality of the laptop seems less than that of the XPS. Also The processor on the XPS is far better. Tho xps lacks a bit of ram, the GPU is debated on being better because it is a higher class of GPU. Also the xps is easier to upgrade in the future. Flat out what do you all thing would be better for gaming performance?

Thanks for you help =)

Check out the warranty terms and conditions for dell and look if it is able to be transferred some companies do not allow this.

The 8700m was pretty much phased out due to heat issues although it should be faster then 9600m which is pretty much the same card but with slightly lower clock speeds. If the warranty is transferrable I would check out the dell. You do realise ofcourse with such a large screen the battery life will suck and your money would be better spent on a desktop and perhaps a netbook for transportability.

Thank you for the reply, i have a pretty beastly rig at home 9800gx2,790i ultra, but i am going for Basic military training in Quebec then to tech school for my trade, so i just need something to bring with me so i can game in my spare time between classes. Thanks again, i think i will go with the dell if the warranty is transferable.

Oh snap, i am really glad you sugessted that dell xps, i picked it up this morning thinking it was a 3gig ram, 8700m gt 256 GPU, But when i got it home and investigated it turned out to have 2 8700m gt's in SLI and 4 gigs of ram, this is the top model dell sells for xps as far as i can see. And i bought it for 1200!
Wooht.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom