i7 3k budget first pc build

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 to salty's psu. get that one. and that ram is pretty good to.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TpowerX58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

^ that is the best i7 overlclocking mobo as of yet. if your going to overclock then get that one.

The Biostar can't be beat. I didn't mention it because I didn't see anything about OC'ing.

Also, this has been said before, PCIe is very difficult to swamp. Even though the third slot is running at a crippled speed it should still be fast enough for 3 gtx260s.

+1 to salty's psu. get that one. and that ram is pretty good to.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TpowerX58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

^ that is the best i7 overlclocking mobo as of yet. if your going to overclock then get that one.

no its not the best i7 overclocking mobo, stop telling people that, all of the motherboards will overclock fine...its the CPU that's gonna reach the limit way before the motherboard will.

P6T can do TRI-SLI at 16/16/4
P6T Deluxe can't do TRI-SLI, but it can do tri-crossfireX or whatever you call it at 16/8/8, or regular dual GPU at 16/16

P6T deluxe is a fine board

beware, the GB has massive vdroop, if you ARE going to get a board for TRI-SLI, i suggest the EVGA x58, just because it'll give you a chance to step-up to the EVGA classified, and the vdroop isn't as nasty...not to mention top customer service

well at x4 it i think will slow down a GTX 260 and above. i could be wrong tho.

i didnt see any thing about overclocking either, but i say why not. it's not too hard. and a great way to gain performance.

part of it depends on the game...some games will perform just fine with x4, games like microsoft flight simulator will take a massive hit when you reduce the bandwidth...there is a review on the web somewhere showing a 3850 (a mid range card), taking a massive fps drop in certain games when lowering the bandwidth

most stop around 220BCLK, the chip itself is limited by its QPI clock, which doesn't usually exceed 8GT/s...

the WR for BCLK is 238, done on an EVGA x58

where do most i7's stop, because Veedub said he got to 4.3GHz with a lot of room to OC even more.

He's a really experienced overclocker though, I don't know if you'll be as good as he is on the first try...

That's the thing with OC'ing is that nothing is definite, a chip could be a complete beast or a complete dud

If I'm right, its like 3.9ghz-4.0ghz (220 BLCK).. but at that point its a temp issue from what I've heard.. not sure though

sorry for the delay in my reply. i was on my lunch break when i posted this and did not expect to get so much info so fast. but as i said this is my first build i do know " i would say above average knowledge of pc's " but by all means there is a lot i still need to learn. i know the basics of water cooling. i work in construction so that's basics for me . i don't know anything about oc but i want water cooling because i do plan to oc on this rig. my plan for this rig is to be a learning experience for me. so i want everything in it. if people don't think i should go with a i7 build, i want to hear it. i want to get the most for my cash in this rig and want it to not just a pc but a no lag mass war no scip frame fast load time be able to play anything i fill like playing on a whim monster rig. i want to be proud of what i make and learn new thing's along the way. if anyone want to sit down with me on vent ts aim forums email and work with me to build this monster. i would gladly except the offer. one can not learn new thing's without the guidance of someone that already knows.

i do apologize if i came off a bit strong minded but im passionate about my pc,games,learning new things about the pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom