gtx 350! gddr5 intro for nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

Inspired by Art
First specifications of GeForce 350 GTX have been leaked (unfortunately it is not known if they are true).

New weapons of NVIDIA are based on the core GT300. Its made in 55nm technology process, system is equipped with innovations such as unified units which are doubled in amount (now 480), plus (2GB) and accelerated (GDDR5) video memory, and also raised clocks: core - 830 MHz, a unified shaders - 2075 MHz and memory - 1680 (3360) MHz. Memory clocks have not changed and still with a width of 512 bits. Contrary to the expectations of the new GeForce still will not be compatible with DirectX 10.1.

Rumors say that new GeForce GTX 350 will be 30% faster than GeForce GTX 280.

sorce

bolded is what i want you to read
underlined i think they ment 'memory bus' not 'memory clocks'

if these specs are true....

i think ati will have some major catching up to do.
with those specs, i would imagine that can either almost keep up or keep up with, or outright spank the gtx 295

216GB/s bandwidth,....thats crazy! best i can get my 280 up to is 165GB/s

Woah. Any date for these?
EDIT: Looked deeper into the site, says Q4 of 2009.

a while back i posted a thread about nvidia moving over to gddr5.

perhaps they finally got it down. (im hoping)

a single gpu card from nvidia with these spec's are ground breaking.

830 core clock
2075 shader clock
1680 memory clock
2gb gddr5 memory
512-bit
216gb/s bandwidth
480 sp's (nvidia sp's!)

this would be indeed a monsterous card! for sure.
lets hope its true.

If its only 30% faster than a GTX 280, then no.

And each core on my GTX 295 is at 124gb/s, so thats 248gb/s im pushing right now, i just need to oc some more.

yes, but it can also be OC'ed. i would imagine pushed up to 230+ would be no problem.
the core clock @ 830,...perhaps you will see a 1GHz or darn close after overclock?

Putting so many shaders on a single die is getting scary, cause its making these cards get hotter and hotter.

ya, lets hope they did something to help with the heat.

the 30% faster figure doesnt look to be overall performance, that is mearly the % increase in the core clock.
the memory and shader clocks are a much higher % gain.

seems to be pretty far off before release, but we should see some benchies maybe in the summer?

I like high end GPU's as much as the next guy, but that seems like a big jump from the GTX280/285, like MAJOR jump...and the GDDR5 bandwidth is off? Should that be quadrupled? unless its runnign at 840mhz = 3360mhz effective

I like high end GPU's as much as the next guy, but that seems like a big jump from the GTX280/285, like MAJOR jump...and the GDDR5 bandwidth is off? Should that be quadrupled? unless its runnign at 840mhz = 3360mhz effective

much the same way the gtx 200's were a really big step up from the g92's.

double the sp's, double the memory bus, double the memory(in some cases)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom