advice - advantages vs. pre-build with a $600 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
true, ive been using 32 bit vista at work for months now and its just fine. hogs resources but does what it is supposed to.

The 30-40% resource hogging you see at idle is due to it speedstepping and preloading the application it predicts you are going to use next. You can turn it off if you wish but for me everytime I turn it on I run a virus scan, spyware search , itunes and check the internet on here and my email so those are all preloaded after the boot screen and open near instantly.

Vista is not buggy!! Every revision of windows has been slower then the last if you want it simply for speed get Windows 2000! Stop spreading the lies, they were only true at first release now vista is fine.

Well, they weren't lies for a long time, the issues were mostly resolved only when SP1 came out. Now it's only slightly better than XP with the right hardware.

But honestly, if XP is cheaper, I would get it and hold off on a new OS until 7 comes out. The beta is already loads faster than Vista, the actual release should be sweet as crap.

Well, they weren't lies for a long time, the issues were mostly resolved only when SP1 came out. Now it's only slightly better than XP with the right hardware.

But honestly, if XP is cheaper, I would get it and hold off on a new OS until 7 comes out. The beta is already loads faster than Vista, the actual release should be sweet as crap.

yea, everything ive seen on 7 has been good reports mostly

Its not cheaper its about $10-40 more then 64bit home premium, I love xp I have 3 copies of it just don't like people vista bashing. Sp1 came out ages ago its been stable for a year. XP was built for hardware 8 years old of course its going to be faster its use to my pentium m 1.6ghz and 512mb of ram!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom