Hdd mirroring software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmo90

In Runtime
My dad has a computer with Win 98 on it. It has $12,000 worth of software that cant be installed on another computer. the HDD is about shot, and i need a downloadable program that will create a perfect image on a secondary HDD....it would be kool if the program was free. By the way, iff u guys hav a betr idea than mirroring a HDD, please tell me. would a RAID controller werk?
Thanx in advance:D

I don't know any free imaging software, and I don't trust them

I use DriveImage or V2i for making a perfect image of my HD.

another program:
You can use Second Copy2000 to automattically copy (chaged/added/delted) files to another location everytime(you can select a time or at startup). It detects automatically if some files have been changed/added/deleted and will copy them. (not freeware)

I used HD Clone for one cloning process. The personal edition is free, but only works if you are moving to a larger hard disk (which seems likely). Also, Seagate drives come with a nice set of tools that will copy your C partition from your old drive to a new drive (as long as one of them is a Seagate drive). I am not sure about the other parititions if you have any. It may only do the C drive, but that's typically the key since the registry is where the software keys are usually hidden. The other partitions you can pretty much mount and copy manually. (Is xxcopy still around?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom