Success e8400 @ 4.23 ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished my first build and first overclock. Here's my build: (1). Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz (2). GIGABYTE ep45 ud3p (3). OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) (4).SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 (5).ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120 cpu cooler (6). CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V power supply (7). Antec p182 case (8). Western digital caviar 640gb hdd (9).Vista Ultimate 64 bit (10). LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST: Excellent support and advice from all u guys;) thank you :happy:

OK , here's how it all came together.... first I ordered my mobo , cpu ,hdd,O.S., cpu cooler , vid card , and thermal paste from New*** . (found deals on other stuff elsewhere). Well , I ordered just after Christmas and the weather was pretty bad , so it took longer than expected for everything to arrive. When it got here , (approx. $740 worth) it was in a ridiculously small box, and looked like it was kicked all the way to my door. Upon opening it , noticed that the motherboard box was pressed against the side of the box that was most damaged!:eek: WTF!

The cpu coolers packaging was badly damaged and the fins are bent!!!This stuff isn't even packed in peanuts, just brown paper covering the top!! So I contacted Newe** , told them about the packing prob. and they said they would do whatever to rectify the situation. So anyway , to make a long story short , I became impatient and went ahead with the build , and had minimum problems thanks to YOU GUYS!!!!:D Anyway , blah blah ... here are my settings and temps. I would like to prove my temps , O.C. , etc. , but I can't figure out how to add images. Can someone please tell me how? thanks. (1). e8400 @ 4.23 (470x9) (2). PCIE freq. 100 mhz. (3).Sys memory multiplier 2.00(B) (4). RAM @ 5-5-5-15 (5).Vcore 1.3875 V (6). perf. enhance (standard) (this is MIT Intelligent Tweaker) (7). I'm getting temps of 30-31 idle and 48-50 under load(ran prime95 for 10 hrs.):cool: (8). Vid card is OC'ed as well. I used ATI'S Overdrive utility to get a stable GPU clock of 690mhz and a memory clock of 1190mhz.

One question: I ran the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CLEAR SKY benchmark and scored 6359. I think I can do better. How can I maximize fps? Should I get another radeon hd 4830 and crossfire? Any other suggestions to maximize performance? I've tried fine-tuning the gpu with minimum benefit. Oh , yeah , how do I make a nice , clean thread like u guys?:p

Paragraphs?

NV120 is a goody not surprising it clocked that well what are your ambient temps though? Crossfire will ofcourse raise fps but only by 60-70% at resolutions above 1680x1050 for 100% extra cost not worth it however check on craigslist for a cheap deal most warranties are non transferrable though once entered and some companies put restrictions like have to be warranted by the owner within 90 days of purchase.

Paragraphs?

NV120 is a goody not surprising it clocked that well what are your ambient temps though? Crossfire will ofcourse raise fps but only by 60-70% at resolutions above 1680x1050 for 100% extra cost not worth it however check on craigslist for a cheap deal most warranties are non transferrable though once entered and some companies put restrictions like have to be warranted by the owner within 90 days of purchase.
I have a 19" NEC Multisync 90GX2. Do u think crossfire will help? how much? (ONLY 60-70%?!!) That would be awesome! My ambient temps range from 60-65 right now. I'll have to watch it this summer though. I'm gonna try the Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm "Core Contact Freezer" CPU Cooler also and see which is better... I'll be sure to post my results.

No 10-20% performance increase I would guess. The 4830 is plenty powerful enough for that res and getting better card the screen buffer of usually 75fps would prevent you not to mention the human eye is generally considered to max out at around 60fps with 30-40fps being a content medium for most

I just ran 3DMARK 06 and scored a 13,712. SM 2.0 score:5522 SM 3.0 score: 6317 CPU score 3870? Seems like it should be higher. What do u guys think? I really want to maximize my performance. The cpu is running great , so what's with the low cpu score? My RAM timings 5-5-5-15?

Its not a Quad-Core, so it won't score that well with a High-Clocked Dual Core

3Dmark06 loves Quads

I get pretty low fps when strafing left/right in games (like 20-25) and it's quite annoying. Would this get better with crossfire or would I be better off getting a 4870 or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom