My new oil cooled PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
corrected accordingly

Silly redcoats.

4tmsd0.jpg

The Reserator is what is going in the fridge. Your tonge will stick to the top it will be so cold before I start.

I have a boat load of parts coming over from the US I really hope this week. So I can start soon. & OMG I LOLED so hard at your redcoat post. good stuff man.

Finished with oil cooled PC.
Has beed working for a Month or so now.
I do not run it 24/7.
Temps run at around 47 degrees C under load. Starts out running very cool CPU temps then moves up and planes out at 35 to 40 under normal conditions EI surfing the web. Runs 40 to 47/48 or so while play Warhammer Online with all graphics turned all the way up.

I ended up using the Heater core. Blue food oil based coloring to get a nice teal grean color. I wanted blue but that is what I got.

Food grade mineral oil and unscented baby oil mixed with oil based paint thiner. It did not take much at all. It took about 1.5 gals to fill the whole system.

I have 1 80mm fan over RAM and 4 80mm fans over the heater core. On top of Reserator I have the Heat sink that came with the I7 chip. It seems to be making a differance.
Pump is an Eheim 1048 pump for small indoor or outdoor ponds 240v. It made alot of noise at first till I figured out there was air in the pump. I tilted it around got the air out and it is super quiet now.

I am afraid to leave the room when it is running, because it is my first system like this and the pump really is untested. So I turn it off alot.
Next month when I have alittle more cash I will purge the system of oil and save it. Flush with spirits and alcohol and move to a German made anitfreeze made for BMW to fight corrotion a small amount of water and betadine. Next project is my older athalon PC I will submerge it in the same oil. I will have to get another pump and more fane and a larger Radiator. Should be another fun Project.

Cost so far for cooling system.

35 USD for Heater core.
4 Euro for tubing
32 Euro for fans.
50 USD for Reserator 1.
CPU block 55 USD
GPU Block 140 USD
Additional Reservoir 18 USD
Clamp nozzles 25 USD.
Oil see walmart.

This is my last post on these forums. I have no time. Between work gaming and my own forums. So later taters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom