LGA1366 Future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Is the LGA1366 going to be obsolete after the mainstream Corei7 motherboards and chips come out?

Obviously price for the mainstream ones will be cheaper, but where does the LGA1366 fit in?

Will performance models continue to be made for the 1366 socket and if so will there be similarly performing models for the mainstream socket?

Thanks.

Is the LGA1366 going to be obsolete after the mainstream Corei7 motherboards and chips come out?

Obviously price for the mainstream ones will be cheaper, but where does the LGA1366 fit in?

Will performance models continue to be made for the 1366 socket and if so will there be similarly performing models for the mainstream socket?

Thanks.

Intel already revealed their future roadmap, but i dont remember much of it. I would have to find it on dailytech.

EDIT:

meh, cant find one but i know Intel did a future roadmap already. It had future processor code names and a complete redesign from the current Core i7.

processors-core-i7-rod-map.jpg

intel core i7 roadmap

Still dont get it.

Well 775 lasted an exceptionally long time. So I would say maybe 3 years max. No one can truly say though. It's Intels decision.

I thought Lynnfield and Havendale were going to be on LGA-1156?
And I'm pretty sure those are the next schedule releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom