So im considering going on water for my GTX 295.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricanflow

Golden Master
Alright wc gurus, after running this card for a bit im really considering a water setup.

Koolance just released a block:
VID-NX295 (GeForce GTX 295) [no nozzles] - Water cooling systems, pc liquid cooling kit, cpu, video card, hard drive

This is not set in stone, as im still tweaking and getting my system setup but id like to see some suggestions for a decent entry level quality setup.

Ive been looking around on petras but lots of choices. I prefer neoprene for the tubing, no fancy colored additive for me. I just need to cool the gpu, my case supports internal mounting but it had to be dual 120mm rads in series.

So throw me some suggestions!

Weren't you talking about trying out that EVGA cover or something?

Though I will say the water cooling idea would be ideal, seeing how hot that thing could get.

I already ordered the backplate, and i could actually use the backplate still with the block on.

right now running one of the heavy work units in F@H im at 83C. But thats only with 50% fan speed and my intake fan isnt running yet, will be tomorrow.

Even if i get down to 70C, i wouldint mind running it on water, itll be much quieter and cooler.

Whats your budget, what do you want to cool, what case do you have, anything in particular that you want?

The benefits would be obvious, but it looks like it's going to cost you a pretty penny. If you think it's worth it, go with it. I know if I had that rig and the money to spend, I'd probably do it too.

And I didn't know you could use the back plate with water cooling, that's pretty sweet.

Whats your budget, what do you want to cool, what case do you have, anything in particular that you want?

Case: Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE TJ09-BW Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Budget: $200-300 (apart from the block)

All i wanna cool is the gpu, nothing else. And ill still be keeping my fans in my case.

Pretty much just the dual 120mm rads like i mentioned earlier, cause i can mount them in the top of my case. Black neoprene tubing, and ill be using xigmatek 72cfm fans.

I'm not sure how much clearance you have at the top of your case, but the best bang for buck high performance rad is the new XSPC RSX line. You can get the 2x120 for something like $80. It's all copper and features a dual pass design for added heat dissipation just like the Thermochill rads. It is designed for lower CFM use so the 72cfm fans will likely be overkill.

Pair that with a Laing DDC 3.2 with an aftermarket top.

The Tygon A-60-G Norprene tubing, make sure you get the 1/2" ID 3/4" OD

And then either a t-line or reservoir for filling.

I personally much prefer the look of the nickle plated EK block with the Delrin midplate. Black on silver is hawt.

EK block is available tommorow.

The top has a split in between both fans, so i need two separate 120mm rad's hooked up in series.

here is a pic which shows just how much space there is in the top. the 120mm fans fit flush in there.

tj09050.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom