Status
Not open for further replies.

uneeb83

In Runtime
So here's one ov my present rigs.

P4 socket-478 1.6GHz Stock cooler :D
Intel D850MV mobo
nVidia 5500 GeForce
128Mb RD-Ram (this mobo only supports RD-Ram:))
56K modem
Dun remember the PSU rating :)

I know its not much to be proud of but hy its still workin ain't it????:D

Its bin 8 years since I bought this

Ive got abot $120......any suggestoins are wellcome.....(Even nonsense ones:p)

Not quite 8 years. You could turn it into a fileserver or a firewall or a folding machine (don't expect good points). You could give it away to a friend/relative without a computer or find some other way of donating it. Maybe you could still salvage the HDD and use that? You could keep it as a backup machine (either a PC to use if your main one broke down or a machine dedicated to backing up data).

with that budget i found you this:
mobo: 37
micro: 38
memory: 16
Thats 91, and the rest u gan get a cheap hd or upgrade the psu but that should work with almost any cpu!!

Can't I do any thing with this mobo...........Dun want it to go to waist.........I was thinkin ov upgrading the RAM to 2GB............But its hard to find RDRAM at low prices.........any one knows a shop that offers this RAM at lower prices:confused:?????.........heck I couldn't Fink a shop that even offers this Ram type!!!!

Personally I'd say hold off until you save a few hundred, and then look at buying a new budget system. Or, just sell your current computer, combine that with your $120 of savings, and checkout classifieds in your area to see what others have up for sale. You should be able to get a used P4 3.0ghz system, with 1gb+ ram, and a 128mb video card in that price range. Otherwise you're just throwing away your money upgrading right now. Like you said, RDRAM isn't cheap.

I'm already buying an I7 build.......So I just need this computer to work with the new softwares like Kaspersky 2009 ( which can't run on 128Mb ov RAM:D)

one ov my friends suggested that I buy a new P4 with the same socket but with greater speed like a 3GHz processor (Hyperthreading one)

I won't be running much of the games on this PC. Its just for constructive perpouses:laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom