My new oil cooled PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are not ocing, or even ocing medium, why even think about getting water cooling, or in this case oil?

The best reason of all bro. Fun, fun and being able to say I did it and it worked. Plus when your system runs cooler it lasts longer.

Well, if your planning on using the new Koolance 350 block along with a gpu block, with 2 radiators and probably what will amount to a good 15-20 feet of tubing with a single pump, your flow rate is going to be abysmal at best. For an extreme project like this I wouldn't recommend anything less than an RD-20 or RD-30.

Like I said in reference to the minifridge, it is still going to be dealing with a tremendous heat load. i7 chips load in the mid to high 60's with a very high end water cooling loop. I can guarantee that compressor is going to be running continuously trying to keep the mini fridge cool.

Here's a quick example of why the mini fridge won't work. Plug it in and let it cool down to the point of freeing ice. Time how long that took. Now figure that all it was cooling down was the room temperature air inside it, the amount of heat you've got flowing into that mini fridge is going to be leaps and bounds higher than just 10-12 cubic feet of air.

If it works, I'll be ****ed, but I'm telling you from what I know, your not going to be getting great temps.

Plus when your system runs cooler it lasts longer.

Unless your planning on running this setup until 2020, negligible.

Well Aspire looking at it that way as you are. Lets say you have to use oil. Look at it that way. I look at it as a challenge. I think it will be loads of fun to work on. I enjoy this kind of thing greatly. Now if you had to use oil what would you do. Submersion or this type or what? You know I am going to try it anyways right? So, I ask for your input. Leave water out of your head, because I will get good numbers I will use oil, I will make it work if I have to try 1000 differant things. Why you might ask. Simple my friend simple for fun and because people think it can't be done. All I ask is think on and have fun with it. Its not your money right? lol

Sorry left something out. I am thinking around 6' to 10' of tubing to start with. Who makes the RD-20 or RD-30 you were refering to?

For an oil cooled system, contained as that's where you want to go,

I would go for dual 120.3 XSPC radiators, an RD-20/30 pump as oil is relatively viscous, and then a Swiftech GTZ cpu block as it is the least restrictive of the current kings of cooling. For the GPU block go for whatever, it doesn't really matter too much.

If you want to drop your temps even more, then the way to go is to put a huge reservoir, I'm talking 10 gallons plus into a full size freezer, and hook that up in line if you want to bench or something. The sheer amount of cold fluid should be able to keep the freezer from warming up too quickly. However it would not be practical for 24/7 use.

For tubing, go with Tygon A-60-G food grade tubing, it's what I use and is not porous so oil cannot escape. For fittings and whatnot, you will need worm drive clamps and in all likelihood bitspower fatboy barbs to keep the tubing on tight as the pump puts out a tremendous amount of pressure.

Yes It looks like I picked some of the most expensive water cooling bits out there, but high performance costs bank.

**** it man now that is what I am talking about. Thank you! Tygon I would never use anything else. Claps I was going with an automotive brand I use back when I was a mechanic, they are really stout. Carbon Steal. Look kind of cool as well. Hold up to boiling rad. temps as well. Seeing how I already have the fridge for free may as well try it out. If it don't work as good as I like then a Freezer as you said might me worth a try. You got me thinking EBAY again lol. Who makes those pumps man I want to see if I can find a dropshipper selling them things cheap.

oh you can't say dam?

post some pics of the items you allready have to use for this project.

looks like fun.

I would never want to do this ever. But I think it's interesting enough to see how this turns out. And I want to see it. So photos kthx when you get this done.

I just got back from the USA and all I could fit in my suitcase was this the rest was shipped before I left and still not here in Germany yet. So that is the Reserator and the heater core and the other reservoir from koolance. Also the cooling blocks. Lots of other small parts that you can't see. Most of I will not be using.

The Reserator is HUGE!

1000824iv5.jpg

1000825pd9.jpg

1000826mq1.jpg

1000827gz4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom