Slooooow pc...plz help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

millsd44

Baseband Member
Whenever i play a game, the mouse cursor seems to have LOADS of lag/smoothing and its wayyyy behind when i actually move the mouse. In windows its normal but things are very slow at loading, (this text for example, i press a button, then about 20ms afterwards it types the letter!)

Ive had my computer on all day whilst im at school, for about a week now, 24/7. It has been fine up to today. Today when i got back it said that the internet explorer screen i was on wasnt responding, alt ctrl del... not responding....97% of the cpu usage on that. I imagined that it was that, and its been 97% for the whole day (8am-4pm) and im worried that my cpu is gone all messy and decided to give up. That right? I dont do overclocking and my temperatures when i got home were 45(cpu) and 29(system). Am i right in thinking this or is it my mobo thats given up?

Also, i was trying to sort this last nite, its a different problem but ill post here anyway. I got a radeon 9800pro, and i get around 12000 3dmark 01. I thought it was because of this: right click on ATi in the bottom right, ATi display settings, go onto SMARTGART and it says AGP Speed: Off, 4x or 8x, Current: OFF and also its got Fast Write: OFF so this could be what is making my graphics card underperform? I cant actually change it, it says that i have to restart when i try, so i do, then when i come back to it, its all OFF again!!!

Computers are so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

Thanks for any input.

People test overclocking stability using prime95 which puts your computer usage at 100% and they run it for like anywhere between 6-24 hours so yours running at 95% all day shouldnt hurt it. Don't know why your graphics card would be resetting back to OFF everytime. Have you checked for spyware or anything?

Ive checked for spyware using Ad-Aware 6 Personal. I'm scanning for viruses now using AVG. Is there a better one to use?

I ran spysweeper the otherday and it found 2 keyloggers that ad-aware missed.
You can get hold of it Here.

Worth a shot!

Ive found the problem......but i dont know how to fix it :D so thats why you guys are here!! lol

When i start up, log on, theres 2 new programs running....

iexplore.exe - its NOT internet explorer
netdc.exe

Any idea what these are cus wen i close them, pc runs normally!!!

Also, i go into msconfig and deselect everything i know i dont want, but iexplore and netdc are both not there so i cant tell them not to run on start up.

iexplore.exe is the name of the file of Internet Explorer's executive, unless you have a virus that is designed to run under the same name, it is Internet Explorer

if it opens on start-up, you can find the directory by going to start, run, type regedit, press enter, go to Hkey Current User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Run and find either "iexplore.exe" or "Internet Explorer"
look at its directory, and if it hasn't got the value "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe", it's likely to be a virus with the same name
in that case, open up My Computer and copy the directory (excvept for \iexplore.exe) into the address barand press enter, find iexplore.exe and delete it, then delete the key in the registry
if it is in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe", just delete the key in the registry, and reinstall Internet Explorer

If you would like information on any process - Then click on 'Startup Applications List' in my signature.

ok ive sorted the iexplore.exe but not the netdc.exe (ive also found a netda.exe) and in the registry there is a key in:

hkey local machine/software/microsoft/windows nt*/currentversion/winlogon

and there is a key called shell and data is:

explorer.exe C:\Windows\system32\netdc.exe

C:\Windows\system32\netdc.exe
EDIT: C:\Windows\system32\netda.exe is ALSO there next to it. Have any of you guys got this program (22kb) and what does it do? This is the program that slows my PC down.

*by the way i am not running NT, i am running XP sp1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom