New build not booting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyjosh

Beta member
Hi,

I just recently finished putting together my new computer. When I first tried booting it up, it would turn on for about 3 seconds, then turn off for about 3 seconds, again and again until I shut it off.

Took everything out of the case, set the motherboard on a cardboard sheet and began turning it on adding one thing at a time. When I did this, everything would run, but I would not get anything on the screen. (no input to the screen, not just a black screen) I am out of ideas and thinking that it has something to do with either the motherboard or the graphics card. I would love to test it without a graphics card but the mobo doesnt have an onboard one. Everything is listed below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P
CPU: Intel Core i7 920
Memory: Coirsair DDR3 6GB Kit (3x2GB)
PSU: Antec 550W
Graphics Card: GeForce 9600GT
Hard Drive: Maxtor 200GB

Both power supplies for the mobo are plugged in and double checked. When I assembled it in the case, i got a large burst of beeps which I associate with memory being in incorrectly. Pulled all the memory but one and all beeping went away.

Edit:
graphics card was plugged into the psu also.

Both power supplies for the mobo are plugged in and double checked. When I assembled it in the case, i got a large burst of beeps which I associate with memory being in incorrectly. Pulled all the memory but one and all beeping went away.

Edit:
graphics card was plugged into the psu also.

try booting up with just the one RAM stick, after you get your OS installed (if you can) then put the rest of the RAM back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom