Sony VAIO VGN-FZ340E/B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

Daemon Poster
My laptop doesn't turn on. None of the LED light up. I tried it with the battery and AC Adapter. I received a box from Sony to ship to them but I don't have the receipt.

So you're getting absolutely nothing? Probably an issue with the motherboard or internal power. Sony can check easily enough if it's under warranty and give you an RMA for repair. If it's not covered it's an expensive proposition to repair this yourself or take it someplace.

What do you mean by you don't have the receipt? Do you mean the original sales receipt? You shouldn't need that for warranty service.

It was a gift from my dad so I don't have the original receipt and he can't find it. They said I needed it but I'll call them tomorrow to see if I do need it.

Yeah. They are starting to **** me off. I have 2 desktop (1 acting weird) and 7 laptops (5 not working properly). I'll see if I can sell those and get a desktop.

You don't need a receipt for warranty repair. You can probably go to the store or website and get a copy, though. Stores would have taken down your dad's info, address, name etc. or at least it can be looked up by the credit card he used.

Hello,

You don't need the receipt for warranty repair, since the laptop's serial number is used to ascertain whether the machine is still under warranty; the start of the warranty period automatically becomes active at/around date of purchase.

I just contacted them today and they said I need proof of purchase. If I bought it online, I wouldn't need a receipt. My dad bought it in Circuit City in Puerto Rico and they are closing. They said I need to contact the dealer and get a copy of the receipt.

You can still go into any circuit city store and get a copy of the receipt, there shouldn't be any difficulty doing that. Just give them your info and bring the card you paid for it with.

You can still go into any circuit city store and get a copy of the receipt, there shouldn't be any difficulty doing that. Just give them your info and bring the card you paid for it with.

I didn't buy it. My dad did. I'm not sure if he payed by cash or credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom