Good Gaming/Stereo headset with mic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Theshort and sweet of it is that I want to get a really good microphone. Something that will pick up my voice loud and clearly.
Using it for 2 things.

1) Internet phone conversations with friends. No long distance charges and easy to do, so win!
2) Is a bit obvious.. It's handy as heck for gaming.

And the more I thought about it, if I'm going to get one with a good mic, it may as well have some good sound as well. This is what i've been able to dig up so far:

NCIX.com - Buy Sennheiser PC161 Aka PC160 Gaming Stereo Headset 15-23000HZ 32OHMS 10FT BLK/SLVR Noise Cancel - 500926 In Canada.
I've owned a pair of sennheiser stereo headphones before and they rocked my socks for sound, so I'm leaning towards these as my number one choice. Also one day sale, 20$ off right now XD What do y'all think?
Reviews say they're more comfortable and a bit better sounding than the razer piranha's.

I was going to wait for the razer megalodon but it's taking too long.

~~~
My other option is a really good unidirectional desktop microphone. And I could grab some good headphones if the need arises. This would be ideal since headphones generally have better sound than a gaming headset, and a standalone mic is probably superior as well.
The problem with this, is I have no clue where to start looking for a really good mic.

As far as headphones go sennheiser seems to be a safe bet.
~~~

So... Opinions! please ^^. I'd love it if someone had some info on a really good standalone mic, aaaaand some rockin headphones (Surround capable would be favorable, really sets the mood for survival horror games, or even just fps in general).

yeah the more I thought about it the less I wanted the other two options lmao. Thanks for the vote.

Edited post to change around a few things, added speal on standalone mic and headphones, as opposed to gaming headset. Hope someone can give some input in that area.

Ic, i'll look into it. I'd prefer one that isn't USB. It might be better to keep everything hooked into my sound card, rather than have input coming from USB, and the output coming from the soundcard. Read somewhere it can cause problems in some things.

Of course that could be a load of bull. Anyone who can say if it'd make a difference?

After digging around i've picked out what seemed to be some mean stereophones.
In order of choice:
1 - Koss MV1 Professional Studio Stereophone - Closed
3 - Sennheiser Canada : HD 280 PRO - Closed

They all seem very similar as far as specs go. I put koss first since they look a bit cooler, lmao.
Also price isn't really an option.

Lol, the man has spoken!

I guess that puts HD 280pro's in the number 1 spot. knocking off the other two cheaper ones, that leaves the koss MV1's as the only other competitor. Oreo's post didn't even mention anything from koss.... so I might order these in another 30 min if no other replies.

edit~ nevermind. Random impulse buys can't wait 30 min before I start second guessing myself. Ordered XD. Can't wait to see how these sound on the xonar d2x.
Lol I looked at those headphone amps oreo suggested, but closed the browser when i seen an 1100$ price tag. No thanks :/

Now, only thing left is a Mic! Good unidirectional. So far we got that 20$ USB logitech one mentioned by phil:
Newegg.com - Logitech 980186-0403 Silver USB Connector USB Desktop Microphone
It isn't mentioned wether or not it's unidirectional, but judging from the design I'd say it is.

Anyone have any input about some others? Maybe some non-usb ones as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom