Thermaltake 850i LCS any good??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everything always out of stock on that site? It's tickin me off.. I'm ready to buy now.. How long does it take them to fill an order if something is out of stock?

Where can I find a nice Bay display for temperatures?

OCZ CPU Blocks any good?
Newegg.com - OCZ OCZTHYDF CPU Waterblock - Water Cooling

I think I'm gonna have to piece together a kit... I want dual radiators.. One for the CPU, one for the 4870.. I don't see the point in plumbing hot coolant to the CPU or GPU..

Dual Rad's like this:
35-106-117-04.jpg

I would recommend more than a single 120mm rad to cool each. I would go atleast 240mm to get cooling good enough to warrant buying watercooling.

Your looking at either a 2x120 or 3x120 rad to cool your current cpu and gpu.

Look at the swiftech MCR-320

For the pump, a Laing DDC 3.2 with an aftermarket top.

The OCZ block is alright. The D-tek Fuzion V2 would be better though.

^ I think I'm gonna have to piece together a kit.. Petra is out of stock on a LOT of stuff I'd need..

Aftermarket top on the pump?? Inline? Would a Swiftech 665 be ok? But I like the inline one because it'll take up less room.
http://www.xoxide.com/swiftech-mcp655

So far I have this: I found most on xoxide.com.. Just bought.. Gonna get the block, pump, fan controllers and other misc hardware this coming week.
2x120 Rad
Swiftech MCR220 Quiet Power 2x120mm Radiator
Rez
Swiftech MCRES-Micro Hi-Flo Reservoir (SFF) - 3/8 & 1/2in

4870 Full block
Petra's Tech Shop

4 of these.. (High speed so I can adjust them, still need a fan controller)
Yate Loon High Speed 120mm Fan (40dBa, 88CFM)

Coolant + additive
Fluid XP+ Extreme non-conductive coolant - 32oz. UV Alien Green

Thoughts?

Do not buy "coolant" it's absolute crud. Pure distilled water and a biocide will work much better. If you want color, get colored tubing.

The DDC with a "top" outperforms the MCP655 consistently.

This is what you should get for the pump and reservoir.

Petra's Tech Shop
Petra's Tech Shop

^ I saw that pump, was about to get it, but I was unsure as to what you meant when you said with an aftermarket top? How do I switch them? It the petra's one just good to go out of the box? I was gonna run 1/2" tubing.. Too big?

I'll get both of those then.. I'm goin by what you tell me.. I'm not gonna be stubborn on this, as I don't know what is good (yet).

Basically the standard top that comes with the DDC is totally injection molded and is what gives it the dual sideways barbs.

The XSPC Restop mounts to the top of the pump after you remove the stock top, just 4 screws, and make sure you keep track of the o-ring.

That then coems with the real screw in metal barbs and serves as the reservoir for the loop as well as improving the pumps performance.

Half inch tubing is pretty standard, make sure you get thicker walled tubing, ideally it's sold as 1/2" I.D. 3/4" O.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom