Drivers SATA

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanooo123

Solid State Member
I have found this page for my Mobo BIOSTAR

Could someone tell me what drivers i need to install to make it recognise my HDD when i am installing XP or windows 7?

Also, can i install the drivers from a flash drive?

Thanks

it should already be recognized by your motherboard

if not I am guessing Serial ATA AHCI

dunno about flash drive

You will need to stick the drivers on a 2nd CD if the computer has a spare optical drive OR if you can get a USB floppy drive you can add them that way.

XP didn't have the best SATA support, Vistas is better but not total I can't speak for win7 as I only have it installed on a VM at the moment so it reads the drive as IDE.

With some boards you get away simply passing by the F6 option on the first screen for using the press S for special devices option on the second. That will see list of chipsets where you pick the closest to what you have on the board allowing the XP installer to see the drive.

The other option of course is using the manufacturer's utility on the software disk or from the support to make a driver disk of one type or another and press F6.

For Vista and 7 both readily see sata as well as other ide and even external usb hard drives or those in enclosures. The hardware detection process improved simply since ide drives were most common when XP came out while the trend to sata was thought out for Vista, 7, and any versions to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom