Anybody use a UPS on thier PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is a $200 AUD Belkin Titanium surge protector enough? Its meant to protect against spikes and surges.
It says 1940 joule dissipation and 45,000 amp, 6000 volts spike protection.

I just have a decent surge protector. My power hardly ever goes out and is very stable so I don't see the need for a ups.

^Same here, the power is stable, it will go out maybe 10 times a year max. But every time it goes out with my pc on, it blows the modem, i have went threw, get this, 14 dial up modems in the last three years because of it. Im on a really good one right now that was expensive that should not blow again though, i got sick and tired of returning modems. 5 of them were out side the return date, 3 of them were not excepted, and the rest i was able to return.

^^^

Which could have all been avoided with a ups.

Its great though, i can be gaming and in an intense match of cod4 and all of a sudden bam the power goes out, and im still playing. It kicks in instantly, my lights dont even fade.

Im gonna be buying a 780watt for my new rig and putting the 350watt on my server...so both systems will stay on in case of power loss.

^i know, just can't afford to throw that much money into it. It actually cost me less for the modems that i couldn't return then then a good ups. But you made your point.

PS: You know that great deal on the samsung hdd's that we were talking about? they sold out before i got one....

I have never used a ups on my personal system. I have a good quality psu and the area I live in has pretty good power so I consider it a non issue. This week almost all of the city lost power from an ice storm, but we didn't loose it here on campus.

IMO ups are for servers where a loss of power can really ruin a persons day. For pcs I think the money is better spent elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom