*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

did you max out your bandwidth with memory timings on that 280?

i think i saw the same 165 on your last test

edit: one last attempt with higher clocks on vid card.
i really dont think i can push it much more, but i may try if i get bored. altho, my highest recoreded temp during 3dmark was 57C on the gpu, that seems alot better than my previous 8800gts's 70C under load.

and thx guru for giving me the courage to clock the card more.

also, would a better hard drive increase my score at all? im using a maxtor 300gb 16mb cache.

edit again:

getting a little more comfortable

Not sure what you mean about my bandwidth and 165? And no the HD won't do anything to the score.......

Also it's best to use Rivatuner hardware monitor or everest to monitor the clocks as they only go up in chunks..your 1511 shader I think is actually defaulting to 1450something..or 1512.

ahhh, see i get 5100 at 3.6ghz and i'm on vista ultimate 64 bit. so it seems xp gives you a healthy cpu score boost.

isnt it a huge dramatic effect going from 32-bit to 64-bit (2GB to 4GB of RAM as well) in 3DMark06?

^ not a dramatic diff but mabye 100 points at most. all thought i could be wrong, that's just what i have seen based on some benchmarks.

I actually scored around 500 points lower with Vista than XP. I also scored about 200 points lower with XP x64 compared to x86 (4GB of memory on both 64 bit systems).

Back
Top Bottom