No hard disk found/ New build

Status
Not open for further replies.

IggyG

Baseband Member
Do you have sata enabled in the BIOS. XP DOES NOT SUPPORT SATA natively, so you either have to have the bios emulate the IDE environment by enabling ATCP (or something like that) in the bios.

The other option is to find the SATA drivers for your motherboard, burn them to a floppy, then install the OS and press F3 to install the SATA drivers at the beginning of your installation.

Hello,

I am the person mentioned above. Just to add some things, when the computer boots, it says "no hard drive found", but when in BIOS, it indeed finds the HDD and lists it there. its a WD 640GB HDD, and I didnt have the chance to install windows yet, but when I do will it be able to install? Is that really the only way to know if the HDD is found?

Also, another problem I has is that the cooler I purchased seem to be bad:

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm "Core Contact Freezer" CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

the speed controller does not work, when the fan is conected to the controller and then to the Mobo, the fan wont work, but when the controller is taken out and the fan connect directly to the PSU and Mobo, it works.

What can be the proble, is there something I can do to fix this without sending back, is this problem a big deal or I should bother with it?

Will be greatful for any help,

Thanks

Hello,

I am the person mentioned above. Just to add some things, when the computer boots, it says "no hard drive found", but when in BIOS, it indeed finds the HDD and lists it there. its a WD 640GB HDD, and I didnt have the chance to install windows yet, but when I do will it be able to install? Is that really the only way to know if the HDD is found?

read lex's response to this. if your drive is SATA, you have to do what he said.

Thanks for the responce, I didnt get the chance to try it yet but as soon as I will il update.

Any ideas regarding teh other issue im having? (Cooler)

It could be a bad controller.

It's hard to say, as thats a part that works or doesn't.
Try plugging into a different fan header, or even get a 4-pin to psu power thingy.

Also try cranking the fan alkl the way up, as my fans don't start low, but need to be cranked... oh, maybe you need to turn off the bios setting to control the cpu fan, and just allow the controller regulate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom