Stuck in boot sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarveyWallbanger

Solid State Member
Hi.

I rebuilt my system about six months back exchanging more or less all parts om my computer and everything has been working brilliantly until earlier today. Left the computer for a few hours to do other things. When I returned it was sluggish and froze up momentaraly so I told it to restart. It took a loong time for it to do so, but when it finally did, it's getting stuck at the initiation or RAID with the text "Detecting array..." and then nothing. I've tried to reset the CMOS and re-enter the settings in BIOS bot that made no difference (other than that I was able to enter BIOS at all). I can't enter BIOS because it stops in detecting array before it comes as far as opening BIOS. Anyone got any ideas? :freak:

My system is a Asus P5N32 E-SLI motherboard, 4 gigs of memory, two samsung opticals, two nVidia8800GTS, two samsun SATA 500 gig drives in RAID0 and a Intel Q6600 and some other stuff...

what happens when you get into your raid utility? Does it show a drive failure? what is the condition of the array?
I believe f10 will get you into the raid utility at startup.

I'm not totally sure I can get inte the RAID utility. So far I've mostly talked to friends and searched the internet to find solutions.

What I DO know is that I cant get into BIOS because it preforms the array control before it lets you into BIOS. After resetting CMOS I get in, but re-entering the settings for the RAID in BIOS and restart puts me right back to the "Detecting array" halt.

I'll try to get into the RAID utility. I've also got the tips to boot without the diskt to see if that makes the RAID controller happy or if it's possibly a mobo problem...

But still, any tips are warmly welcomed.... :)

You are going to want to get into the raid controller utility because it sounds like you are having issues with your array. Hopefully one of the drives did not go bad since it is raid0.

Well, as I understand it in the manual you should press F10 after the Post, not sure I get that far. Well, like I said, I haven't messed about with the computer yet, but I'll sure give F10 a try...

(P.S. Känns lite fånigt att ta det här på engelska, men jag antar att det är officiella språket på forumet ;))

ja det är. Ursäkta min svenska är mycket dålig. Min fru och barn talar svenska och jag är lär mig.

On my board I get into the utility right after where I would get into bios. Watch the screen and you should see it.

Okay, well I'm gonna have to try. I'm fixing up the bedroom now as well, so I've been tearing down old wallpaper instead of taking the bull by the horns.

But just so you know, the sequence right now goes:
- 1st screen with logo and the instructions on how to load BIOS settings or show POST (here I press DEL like a little maniac)
- Starting the RAID (or something) There is text at the top speaking of wich version (of BIOS I think, I'll have to start it up and write it down) and here it gets stuck on detecting array. I normally says Array healthy here. I never get as far as to the BIOS settings and I'd like to remember that it don't show POST either.

Well, I'm gonna start it after dinner and write down what happens. And also test F10... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom