ATI or Nvidia??

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont have any ATI either, but i believe it was ' Omega Drivers' that thy use to OC them. just google for that.

actually if anything, Nvidia's 6800 should have better graphics with Smartshader 3.0
the 6800's performed better in benchmarks, but it has been disputed that benchmarks differ from actual use of the video card in gaming, a lot of people with X800's actually say that they get better framerates than those with 6800 ultra's actually playing games - although I don't really know for sure which one performs better, despite the benchmarks which show the 6800's ahead; like I said, benchmarks ususally differ from actual gameplay.
if you have an X800: you have an excellent card which is roughly twice as good as the 9800's
if you have a Geforce 6800: you also have an excellent card, which performs roughly twice as good as the 9800's
although if you have a 9800: you are still ahead of the gaming industry, no game has yet been made that the 9800 can't cut through
if one card is getting great performance in a great game, who cares if another card puts out twice the framerate? would you actually notice a difference if you're already getting hundreds of fps with a 9800?

o.k...but then I also heard things about PCI Express or something...first of all...what is that, is it better than AGP? Do I need a special motherboard, and second, is the 6600GT only going to be available on the PCI Express or AGP also? Thanks.

No, it is for the PCI customers. Go for AGP 6800 GT, great value and speed like no other. Shown alot to be better than the ATi counterparts. 6600GT will only be for the PCI-Ex models.

o.k, so if I odn't have a PCI Express Motherboard, that means I can't use the 6600GT then? When it comes out? And is PCI-E really better than the AGP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom