need some general help and advice on what parts to get for a new powerful PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ not really, make sure you get 64 bit xp. but why xp any ways. get vista. i have found it superior to xp in many ways. my vote goes to vista home premium 64 bit.

and dude it's not cool to double post like that, use the edit button :)

yeah, what a dork lol!

But seriously, you only double post if you need to bump your topic. Those posts were only a minute apart.

^ not really, make sure you get 64 bit xp. but why xp any ways. get vista. i have found it superior to xp in many ways. my vote goes to vista home premium 64 bit.

and dude it's not cool to double post like that, use the edit button :)

Sorry, yes, I should have done that. Tried to fix it but saw I can't delete a post.

I have been using XP home for the past 7 years, and I have heard from many Vista users (especially using it for a DAW) that it caused lots of problems and XP will run smoother on a DAW PC.

yeah, what a dork lol!

But seriously, you only double post if you need to bump your topic. Those posts were only a minute apart.

Like I said, sorry. But I'm sure you'll get over it:D

by DAW you mean: Digital audio workstation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the drivers for my sound card are better in vista than xp. sounds wayyyy better, but i dont edit or create music. if that's what you were referring to.

Yes, that's what I meant by DAW.
Well, I can only refer to what I hear on the music forums, but there also opinions differ. I just thought to stay with what works, I also don't know if my sequencing software will be Vista compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom