I'm so lost, there's too many good deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF06

In Runtime
Throughout the week I have been focused on getting some transport to pick up an NZXT Tempest case from Microcenter. The beautiful thing won so many awarsd and is recognized as superior in comparison to the Antec Nine Hundred.

But no, let's not conclude it that. The Antec Nine Hundred is afterall a formidable opponent in classic computer cases. So what Microcenter did to throw me off is bring out the Holiday Season price for the Antec 900 once again.

So now it's either the $95.99 Tempest case Vs. the $84.99 Nine Hundred case. Now all things aside, there's an open box deal for the Tempest running at 79.96. What I'm afraid of is that the user must have had a problem with this for it to be opened although it is noted that the package is complete and that there's still some time left in the warranty. NZXT's customer service is supposedly decent as well if anything's wrong with the case. But I'm clueless on how to replace LEDs (if any had blown out prior to putting it back on the shelves).

So what do you guys think? Quick, I have to decide by tomorrow morning.

900 is a pain to wire!

Heard this way too much. But how much different can it be from the way I'd have to wire the Tempest? **** it, I'm going to the tempest. I'd save $20 if I buy the open box deal but **** I'm ****ed if the parts don't work and I dont have patience to wait for manufacturer's response or Microcenter's own reply.

The wire "hole" are horrible.... however, they are better than first gen cases with no holes.

But 30 minutes with a drill, you'd fix it.

Oh ****, I bought teh Tempest. I think it was $100 worth spending. There was a 20-25 degree drop in everything cept the CPU (Evidently, the CPU's temp has to do a lot more with the actual heatsink, though it did drop around 5-10 degrees with the new case)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom