looking for an i7 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehleet

Beta member
Hey guys ive been reading a lot of your posts lately and it looks like the i7 is the way to go, I have a budget of about 1300$ for this computer (i have my monitor and keyboard already picked out) I like the 260 and 280gtx graphic cards, and want at least 4g of ram, a blue ray drive and at least 500g hd, decent sound card, and it wouldn't hurt to have a motherboard that I can sli later on when I get more money. I have never build a pc before but have some friends that can help me out, one of my other friends said I should just get a premade ibuypower pc, what do you guys suggest? :confused:

Build it yourself its cheaper, more fun and increases your knowledge not to mention in the long run you will get a better warranty and you have us for customer support and such. I will warn you though it can be addictive as there is always something shinier, faster, better round the corner.

Do you actually know why you want more then 4gb of ram?
What monitor do you have

Heres a starting point
Cpu: Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
motherboard: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
ram Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
gpu: Newegg.com - EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards (use the step-up program in a couple of months to a 285 is an option)
sound card: Asus xonar d2x
psu: Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE ST1000 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
Case: lian li or silverstone but you may prefer the "gaming look" give us some examples of what you like
Hdd: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Thats a starting point

Indeed you need to purposefully seek it out anyway here is the rest of your build. I can't tell you a case you are the one who has to live with it. Do some of your own research and find out what styles you like post up some samples and I will then help you find a similar case with the best cooling, quality. I have a lian li a71a (minimalist subtle beauty through slight lines) you may prefer the antec 900 style (lights and in your face)

Get this monitor instead Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 2433BW High Glossy Black 24" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 20000:1(1000:1) - LCD Monitors
optical: I can't tell you until you give me some ideas on the case (bezel colour)
HSF: I can't tell you until you choose a case ( size restraints)

Getting the theme here, I don't mean to be rude but my altruism can only go so far and can only help you so much at the end of the day you need to do some thinking. I could just regurgitate info at you but you will have to live with it and it comes down to personal choice. My first pc I didn't follow advice I bough htpc case because I like the look of them then ran into problems trying to turn it into a gaming case but it was how I wanted my pc to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom