Upgrade questions... Suggestions needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's amazing what money can buy today as opposed to just a few months ago. The i7 will be a huge change for you computing wise, like I said. I could be wrong about it being a slight increase in your gaming, because it really depends on the game, seeing as some are CPU dependent. Those ones will definitely do loads better.

I'm really torn now... Not sure what to do here...

Probably another dumb question but here it goes... My current mobo is the DFI x38 t2r which is crossfire only... Now that I know the 295 is dual gpu card will both gpu's work in my board? I'm unclear if sli has to be enabled to utilitze both gpu's... I'm thinking it would be fine but wanted to make sure before dropping $500 + on one...

Also all I really do is game and burn dvd's. Do I have to have a quad core cpu for this. I was thinking about upgrading to an i7 setup but the cost is just a little much for what I think I will be doing.. What about a E8500 oc'd, new mobo for sli in the future and a new PSU that will handle two gtx 295's?

Just thowing that out there... If my quad core will perform just as good then I most likely go with the vid card and that will be it and just wait for a year or so for the i7...

A GTX 295 is a single card with dual gpu's on it. But that is not SLI and yes it will work on your motherboard.

For burning dvd's you don't need a quad. You can burn dvd's even on a Pentium 4 single core. If you can't afford i7 then the E8500 is a great alternative, especially overclocked. But your current setup is good as is I think. And 295 in SLI would crush anything and is not necessary for today's games, unless you're into benchmarks. So a single 295 would be just fine, but for the future you can buy a PSU that will support them in SLI.

Ok, I'll just go with the 295 and see how my system is at that point... I appreciate everyone's great feedback...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom