need a PC for a home-recording studio - need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on your needs. I would just get any of the p5q's on that site. No point in spending more money if your not overclocking and its only studio use. The p5q pro has a better layout. If its only being strictly used for studio work then that board so do you proper. It has also has firewire and if you need wireless it has two pci slots for a network card.

Depends on your needs. I would just get any of the p5q's on that site. No point in spending more money if your not overclocking and its only studio use. The p5q pro has a better layout. If its only being strictly used for studio work then that board so do you proper. It has also has firewire and if you need wireless it has two pci slots for a network card.

Thanks again!

Now I'm a bit in doubt whether I should get a core 2 quad. The i7 920 is not that much more.
so, if I do get the i7 I will need a different motherboars as well.
Which one would you recommend in that case?

Just remember. The cpu for core i7 might be the same price for a yorkfield but the difference in price lies in the mobo and ram. If I were going to build a system from scratch I would go i7 regardless. The cheapest mobo is $200 and triple ram is around $120-130 usd.

Just remember. The cpu for core i7 might be the same price for a yorkfield but the difference in price lies in the mobo and ram. If I were going to build a system from scratch I would go i7 regardless. The cheapest mobo is $200 and triple ram is around $120-130 usd.

Thanks !

So, would the cheapest mobo and RAM for an i7-rig still be a good choice?

Which motherboard and RAM would you recommend if I want to have Firewire and wireless internet?

Honestly man you will never use the power of a Q6600, a p45 mobo and ddr2 for music production. That processor is cheap and insanely powerful. If you want i7 just get the gigabyte
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards and some cheap g.skill ram
But before you decide remember you can have a Q6600( $180), p45 mobo($140), and 8gb of ddr2 ($90) fairly cheap and that will be a monster music comp, other wise you going to spend around $160 for 6gb of ddr3, $200 for mobo and $300 for i7 920. These are all prices in the US market so it might differ where you are especially the i7 contents

Honestly man you will never use the power of a Q6600, a p45 mobo and ddr2 for music production. That processor is cheap and insanely powerful. If you want i7 just get the gigabyte
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards and some cheap g.skill ram
But before you decide remember you can have a Q6600( $180), p45 mobo($140), and 8gb of ddr2 ($90) fairly cheap and that will be a monster music comp, other wise you going to spend around $160 for 6gb of ddr3, $200 for mobo and $300 for i7 920. These are all prices in the US market so it might differ where you are especially the i7 contents

Thanks, man !

I looked at the sites where I'm gonna buy from, neither of them has Gigabyte mobos.

Which of these would be comparable in terms of features and quality?

Moederborden bij MyCom

or:

Computerland.nl - Productlijst

I will most likely shop at the first link, though, since they have bigger choice.

Here is a PC that I saw on a site of a shop in Germany that is specialized in PCs for music recording and production (I laso posted this in my other thread).

* RAM: DDR3-RAM: 3072MB DDR3-1333 Corsair/Kingston/Infineon (original)/A-DATA
* DVD-Writer: Plextor PX-820SA; SATA (DVD-R(W), DVD+R(W); DVD-RAM; Dual-Layer)
* Keyboard,mouse: Logitech or Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse USB an keyboard
* hard disc: 3 pieces: Seagate Barracuda 500GB (32MB [!!] Cache; SATA; 5years warranty); 2 HDs set up in RAID-0
* case: Chieftec MIDI-Tower DX-01WD (dampened)
* case-cooler: Papst cooler 8412N/2GMLE
* graphics card: Asus EAH3650 Silent Magic; 512MB (PCIe 16x; 2x DVI (VGA via adaptor); Video (Composite/S-Video); DualHead; passive cooling; uses one PCI-slot due to Heatpipe-cooling; HDTV)
* motherboard: Gigabyte EX58-DS4 (Intel X58-Chipset; Socket 1366; max. 24GB DDR3 RAM (max. DDR3-1066); 8x SATA/300; 1x IDE/133 (2 devices); 1x GigaLAN; 1x Firewire (TI-Chip; 2x 6-pin plug sockets); 1x PCIe x1; 1x PCIe x4; 2x PCIe 2.0 x8; 1x PCIe 2.0 x16; 2x PCI; 2x PS/2; max. 12x USB2; passive Chipset-cooling; 1x serial; 4 years of warranty after registering)
* power supply: Corsair HX-520W
* Processor: Core i7-920 2,66GHz 8MB Cache In-A-Box

It is from a German site, so I translated the parts that needed translation, I hope it makes sense.

What do you guys think of this rig?
It costs 1530 Euro which is about 1960 US$.

Is it a good price?

I could also change things, it's fully customizeable, this is just one of their ready-to-go offers.

If I should change anything, what would you suggest I change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom