crossfire issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmatt

The Bulldog
As embarrassing as this is, I'm having some issues getting crossfire to work. The first time through I booted and windows install the drivers itself. I reboot and get a BSOD. Then I go into safe mode and uninstall both cards. I reboot into normal mode and use the driver cd. Before it finishes, windows installs the cards for me and prompts me to restart. I ignore that and go into device manager to get windows to use the ati drivers. I tell it to update. It doesn't find them. I point it to the folder where the drivers were installed. it tells me that Microsoft's drivers are better. So I decide to choose form a list and find the most up to date one i can. I reboot. BSOD. I am now talking to you from safe mode. I am downloading catalyst 8.12 in hopes of using it to get the cards working. However I think windows will try to use the default drivers again. How do I stop this? And better yet, what is the best way to get crossfire working?

ATI drivers have always been a bit on the bad side.

Personally, i would use these:
download from Guru3D.com

Theyre modified drivers, very good and fix many issues that ATI themselves doesnt seem to be able to address. I use these on my laptop's mobility 9600 and theyre extremly stable and even let some modern games like cod4 actually run.

Thanks guys. I found a work around with my current drivers yesterday. It involved killing the ati external event service. There are a few drawbacks like performance (about 1000 3dmarks) and I have to restart to turn crossfire on and off. These drivers look like they might fix my issue. Thanks.

Thanks. I've been getting a lot of replies about it. Thanks for the help guys, I forgot to give an update. Crossfire works just like it should now. Performance is great in games. When I get the time I'll try a new 3dmark run.

I haven't. Right now I'm using the hotfix. I took a quick look, but they all seem to be modded versions of old drivers.

I think I'll screw with them this weekend if I have the time. You sure they are good to go with crossfire setups?

Sorry for not replaying Hussein. I only have Fall out 3, I cant comment on the rest. In stalker clear sky I am getting about 50-60fps DX9 max with full bloom and hdr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom