Anybody use a UPS on thier PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL..you serious??

Everybody should run ups's on their systems, whether you have dodgy power or not.

Round here we call them surge protectors and battery backups......we don't use all this fancy "UPS" lingo and stuff.

:snob:

As far as wearing out goes, the one that my tv is on, is probably 5-6 years old, i only use it for power filtering, the battery is shot, but every now and then it'll just freak out and start squeeling (alarm beeping) so i have to shut everything down and reset it. Its rare enough that its not worth bothering to replace though.

modern ups's let you turn off the alarms and adjust sensitivity settings through software, when my power goes out it makes no noise except for a click which isnt that audible since i have it in silent mode.

I should have one, but i don't. I just can't seem to fork out the cash for one. I have a pretty good power bar but i still wouldn't mind more protection and some backup power to shut everything down safely. Although it would not be very realistic for my all my systems that i have to run on the same one so i would need several.

Have:
Gaming comp
Secondary comp
Den Comp
HTPC Laptop
Second old Laptop

I like the looks of the pics posted of the Cyberpower 1350AVR but $242 cad is a hefty price.

I spent about $320 combined on my 1350AVRs and I will admit sometimes I question my purchase. But when there is a power outage and I hear from my next door neighbor that his power supply caught on fire; I can not help but smile. However, I never lost a machine that ran solely on a surge protector either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom