first time pc build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either of those will only save you 25 bucks, and the packaged PSUs are crap. The PSU and case I listed up there is a combo, but they don't come together by default, hence it will be a better PSU less likely to fail.

Also, that combo I got you has 35 bucks in rebates, which makes it 10 bucks CHEAPER than either of those you posted.

If you absolutely have to, we can price out a lesser CPU, but the package I got you up there is really nice.

ive just had bad issues with rebates, but oh well. only thing is all the stuff you suggested +tax+shipping is 405 (altho with dvd drive). the most i think i can have is 360 + tax so that is about 340.

also my friends mom works at intel w00+ and i just found out she can get crazy discounts on intel stuff like the i7 920 for her is about 100 bux.

lol like i can build i7 rig for 300

but anyway if i was to get a socket 775 intel cpu from her for about 60 ish bux what would i get? basically the same just diff. mobo? any suggestions?

There is no way you can build an i7 rig for 300 bucks. No matter what kind of discount you can get, the other stuff for it is just too expensive.

You would be getting a different mobo, and you would need to get a video card. The whole point of the build I stuck up there was you not needing a video card, because the onboard video is more than adequate. The AMD I picked out is only 18 bucks more than the CPU you would be getting, so it's possible that the build would be more expensive due to the video card.

Just tell us what intel you'll be able to get and we'll do our best to price something out. I can also edit the build I picked out for you a little bit; lesser processor, lesser mobo.

There is no way you can build an i7 rig for 300 bucks. No matter what kind of discount you can get, the other stuff for it is just too expensive.

lol yeah i know. what would be a 325$ intel rig using e8400? (costing ~60 for cpu)
thanks so much u guys

ok, so the intel e8400 would be 83 dollars for me

dont forget to add in the monitor like that cd drive, on my first build i was suprised how it got so expensive so fast

oh i already have a monitor, and a keyboard, and a mouse and speakers etc.
does anyone know of a good intel socket 775 mobo for ~70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom