I want my 1080P dangit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
I just hooked my comp up to my HD TV ( 46" LCD 1080P).
I have a HD 4850 video card and I am using the dvi to HDMI converter, but I can't seem to get 1080p. When I change the appearance to 1920x1080 it makes it impossible to view my taskbar and any icons. It is almost like the TV screen isn't large enough..soo what did I do wrong?

I wonder if your TV's on board chip is trying to mess with the view? Mine seems to switch all the time during commercials that are not HS then beck to HD tv...

=/ That would be no good.
Is there a possibility my TV is broken and that is why it will not allow me to view 1080p?
I currently have it set on the resolution right below 1080p and it works fine.. i can't remember the number off the top of my head though.

there may be an option in your TV options to autofit the image....my tv did that with my HTPC....it was distorted at 1080p at first but then i changed the option (samsung Le40A656 btw) from scanning to scaling / autofit and it scaled the image perfectly....try screwing around with the tv options and it should fix the issue nicely

I seem to have this problem on my TV as well. It's a 42" panasonic and no matter what resolution i put it at, it never fits just right.

See, my tv does the opposite. When i set it to 1080p it underscans and i have about a 1" frame around the desktop/movies/etc. I have to manually set the zoom on the tv.

I also have this problem, connecting my pc to a 52" panisonic 1080p tv and it will only display at something like 1280 instead of 1920, I looked at the manual and it said when connecting a pc it will only go to a certain resolution, WHY?? If I wanted low res I would buy a non hd tv!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom