Dual Opteron 250's Vs Amd Athlon 64 FX-53

Status
Not open for further replies.

theor

In Runtime
Would using Dual Opteron's over the Athlon 64 FX-53 boast huge performance gains for gaming? Or should I just stick with the single CPU? Also does anyone know of any motherboard for the opterons that will have two PCI-express slots for dual Geforce 6800 ultra graphics cards ;D?

i dont think there's any game out or planned for in the near future that will need that setup, i bloody hope not anyway cos i aint rich enough, i would say stick with the fx53 or wait for fx55 thats good enough to run any game well

yeah. I just learned last night infact...that if the programs aren't written to take advantage of the dual processor then you won't have any advantage. I believe the dual processing is more for stuff like photoshop and video editing and such like that not gaming. So if you want gaming you should just get the FX-53 or do like shadow said and wait for FX-55

I agree, the CPU's are basicly the same, and given the fact mentioned above that very few programs are written to take advantage of Dual CPU's.... I'd stick to the FX series:confused:

If you have money to burn, you could wait for the FX-55 and possibly by then they will have PCI Express for AMD boards:)

I'm not even going to think about how fast that would be... fx-55 on socket 939 with the 2ghz hypertransport and a 512 mb pci express graphics card.............yeah.........:beard:

if you want to get a PCI-Express board with any K8 processors, you're going to have to wait for Via or Nvidia to make a chipset that supports it
there is news of Nvidia making an Nforce4 chipset which will support PCI-E

well am waiting for it, and as i wait my spending limit is increasing as we speak, i cant wait to see my new spec when i finish it, currently i'm using a athlon64 3400 128mb radeon mobility, i can play games like doom 3 on medium but my battery life is like 10 minutes lol plus it gets way too hot so my new pc will be a big improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom